New to this Forum as well as to Subaru

This is a discussion on New to this Forum as well as to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello! I have recently made the wise decision to purchase a 2009 WRX sedan 265 I love the car and ...

New to this Forum as well as to Subaru

Hello!

I have recently made the wise decision to purchase a 2009 WRX sedan 265

I love the car and will have photos up shortly.

I need some advice....Its bone stock and I would love to mod it up a bit. Im already thinking a short throw and some kind of exhaust kit (I love the stage 2 Cobb ive seen on YouTube, but its a bit pricey right now).

Any suggestions as to what i should start with? Im on somewhat a budget but over time will be able to put some decent money into the beast.

THANKS for all your help!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Go to a local meet and listen in person to get the best idea of what you like.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I live in Vancouver, BC. I guess i can check the forums for meet up times in my area. Thanks for your help. Any more suggestions?

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, the COBB is a bit pricey compared to others. However, the quality is just amazing. If fit perfect with no need for modification - some folks on here have bought DPs from other vendors and find that the DP doesn't exactly make it all the way to the midpipe - or is too long so they have to cut it.

For my 07, I bought the COBB DP and AP - all together was $1200. I didn't think that was too bad at all given how much performance it gave me. I saved by not buying the catback - which was fine with me since it doesn't gain you anything. Also, the resale on COBB was very high - I was able to get $1000 of the $1200 back when I returned the car to stock and sold the parts on craigslist.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Welcome
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC