Close to a new purchase

This is a discussion on Close to a new purchase within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm a bit nervous because I always lease and therefore if Im not happy with the car it's only a ...

Close to a new purchase

I'm a bit nervous because I always lease and therefore if Im not happy with the car it's only a temporary commitment.Although with a baby on the way I'm afraid those days are over. Im looking at a 2012 wrx with nav I would love to hear peoples thoughts on the car as far commuting, I commute 15 each way in moderate to heavy traffic. Also what gas milage can i expect if i take it easy on my commute and any thoughts on how well the nav system works.Last question any must have dealer upgrades besides the the short throw shifter? Couple of months left on my current lease but i really want the wrx and might just suck up 2 car payments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is an awesome car without question, and lots of fun to drive- what are you driving now? Do you drive a stick now in your heavy traffic commute?- that can sometimes get annoying pretty quickly. I would probably expect to get 21-22 mpg on premium of course if you are in constant stop and go, even taking it easy. It's definitely better to buy rather than lease a WRX- even if you decide you hate it, they hold their value so well that you can't really get hurt unloading one quickly the same way you could with a more generic commuter. Good luck!

thanks for the response i currenlty drive an infinity 35x automatic great car but not a lot of fun, wife and inlaws talked my into automatic never again. previously i had a 6 speed volvo s40 t5 awd and really wasnt a huge issue in traffic although the car had a really light clutch. love the wrx and its great to know it has good resale value, thanks again for ur post i cant wait to get one

I Support ClubWRX
    My understanding is that you may have to wait 2 months to get a 2012,so don't return the lease just yet.

I also commute approx 15 miles each way in moderate traffic.Like the other poster said expect 21-22 mpg.Do not expect great mpg numbers.

A lot of us have after market short throw shifters.It is preferable that you get the SPT bushings if you are getting the factory SS,but the general consensus is that aftermarket bushings are better.

The only other accessory that I would get is the arm rest extender.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Tony thanks. Yonkers isnt to far where do u get ur after market work done?

I Support ClubWRX
    In my garage for free,LOL.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Lol ur the man!!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    But I know a place that works on STIs/WRXs & Evos if you are interested.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Sounds good im not as handy u!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nepats555 View Post
    Sounds good im not as handy u!
    It is really easy.Most of us,if not all of us do the work ourselves.All you need is a set of ramps,hydraulic lift,jack stands & tools.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Tried to add hids to my volvo s40 t5 blew out the whole electronics! Funny had the dealer flat bed and played stupid the service manager apologized and said they were having a problem with the ignition covered it under warante