2004 WRX sportwagon stolen!

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX sportwagon stolen! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My beloved WRX was stolen from my driveway in LA early Thurs morning! Car was locked, alarm engaged (if beep ...

2004 WRX sportwagon stolen!

My beloved WRX was stolen from my driveway in LA early Thurs morning! Car was locked, alarm engaged (if beep on key fob to be believed) and 3/4 windows all the way up. Back right window was 1/2" down to ventilate wet dog smell. Filed with police and insurance. Waiting to see if it appears in impound. Question is...where else can I post? Do dealers keep a watch list of VIN numbers? I read recently about a Subaru being found thru social media. Any advice? About facilitating recovery as well as dealing with insurance co. Ugh. I miss my car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry to here that bro did u have a kill switch with ur alarm?
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

I am embarrassed to say I have no idea. Is it a factory option or aftermarket install? I bought the car in 2005 with 12,000 mi. It had a stereo upgrade and back 3 windows blacked out. Owner jumped to an STI.

Is the classic WRX body type a popular draw for chop shop crews?

It is a option from the aftermarket alarm basically if my alarm goes of the car won't start until I deactivate the alarm with the remote, u can disconnect the battery and the alarm and it still won't start. Basically they would have to tow my car. I've had shops call me asking how to turn on my car. From what I know it is not a popular car to chop.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

Dang dude, that sucks! I don't know what I would do if my Subie was stolen... My heart aches for you, I hope it turns up soon! Let us know what happens!!
    2005 WRX "Yosh Yosh"
    ** The Blobeye Syndicate ** #442