2011 DGM WRX Premium; Intro Thread
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 DGM WRX Premium; Intro Thread within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm Nick, I've had my WRX for a few months now, and although I was a member before ...

2011 DGM WRX Premium; Intro Thread

Hey guys,

I'm Nick, I've had my WRX for a few months now, and although I was a member before I even had my car, I am just now finding the time to post.

Current Mods:

I read that the sound system in the car was not going to be that great... and when I got it I found that (especially at highway speeds) it just wasn't enough to thrill me. So I swapped out the HU and added a 10" alpine sub. I think the head unit alone helped out tremendously with the sound quality. I was prepared to invest in new door speakers, but was amazed at what the stock speakers sounded like after the install. I don't have a picture of the head unit right now but will snap one when I get the chance. (pictures are taken with iphone)

HU:Pioneer AVH-P3300bt
    Sub enclosure: Audio integrations
    Amp: Rockford Fosgate; mounted under drivers seat
    *I also have the metra axxess steering wheel control interface and maintained all steering wheel controls*

Tint:
    30% in front
    20% everywhere else

Plates!:
    -These were a gift from my gf, and I thought it was amazing so I have to share a picture. (WRX FTW was taken so the "T" stands for Texas. )

Thanks for looking and let me know what you guys think,
    -Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car. Welcome to the forum
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice.I just got the same enclosure & I should get it next week.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Those plates were a sweet present! Your gf's a keeper! My wife convinced me not to get a vanity plate, but she did let me get a limited edition plate.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    My wife convinced me not to get a vanity plate,.
    My wife told me the same thing.She is in for a surprise.I'm waiting for my plate to come in the mail any day now.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Nice.I just got the same enclosure & I should get it next week.
    I think the enclosure makes the most out of a sub. A friend of mine who has two 12's in a Jetta was impressed by my quality and general "umph-ness". Great Enclosure.

Rambo- Yes the gf is definitely a keeper! I had mentioned it to her about how it would be a cool idea, and was surprised to actually get them!

Here is a picture of the Pioneer head unit:
    (sorry I know its terrible quality)

Great choice! Do you know if the enclosure is made for both sides? I use the left side of my hatch for 2x4's and trim from the home depot
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

When you installed the new HU, do you have any problems with the bluetooth? or does everything runs exactly like factory?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Great choice! Do you know if the enclosure is made for both sides? I use the left side of my hatch for 2x4's and trim from the home depot
    No,they do not make it for both sides.I asked.This was their reply

"There are a couple main reasons we only produced a driver’s side model, the biggest being access to the spare tire. The factory cargo floor is one entire piece with 3-4 bend/fold lines which allow it to be removed completely from the vehicle. There is a bend/fold line on the driver’s side that runs front to back and we were able to keep the enclosure’s footprint just shy from crossing this line. With the enclosure fully installed the cargo cover can be lifted from the passenger side at a 45 degree angle to gain access to the spare. The pic attached is showing just this, the enclosure was in its proto stage here as we were building it so it looks a bit odd. The same line doesn’t exist on the passenger side so an enclosure over there would mean the cargo floor would most likely need to be cut for spare access.

I believe its due to the gas filler pipe but the passenger side interior panel doesn’t have as much room as the driver’s side, to get the same amount of depth and airspace needed the overall footprint/space taken up would have been a bit more protrusive into the precious cargo space area."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

^^What he said!

And no I did not have any problems with the bluetooth. I was actually surprised that the Metra Axxess still kept the steering wheel controls for the bluetooth as well (was not expecting it to). So everything runs exactly like factory, except it sounds better, and apparently the sound going through while on the phone sounds better. The mic is mounted on the upper left corner of the pillar.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm leaving the HU in place.Instead I got a JBL MS-8.Turned out to be cheaper than a new HU & from all accounts it should sound fantastic.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I hadn't considered something like that as an option, but it looks like a nice way to get good quality sound. If you don't mind me asking how much did it run you? I got my HU off of ebay for $340 shipped plus a 3-year square trade warranty. (covered only if professionally installed)

I guess I also got the headunit because I will probably invest in the GPS card for it someday, although right now I wouldn't really have much use for it.

Keep me updated on how the JBL MS-8 makes your car sound.

Welcome and nice car indeed!
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by jamir22 View Post
    Welcome and nice car indeed!
    Thanks man!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.