2011 DGM WRX Premium; Intro Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 DGM WRX Premium; Intro Thread within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice ride!
    2011 WRX 5 Door Spark Silver Metallic

Planning to upgrade my hu also. What mounting bracket did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwinf0f1 View Post
    Planning to upgrade my hu also. What mounting bracket did you use?
    I used a Scosche mounting bracket. What head units are you looking at?

How does that sub work if you ever need to get ot the spare tire? Does it lift up like usual? Or do you have to do some custom cutting in order for it to still lift up?

Quote Originally Posted by PROcede View Post
    How does that sub work if you ever need to get ot the spare tire? Does it lift up like usual? Or do you have to do some custom cutting in order for it to still lift up?
    Luckily I haven't had to get at the spare tire yet. Apparently you can still get at it normally, you just have to kinda angle it as you take it out to slide it out from underneath the sub. There was no cutting that had to be done for this sub. I chose it because it maintained the most cargo space, and kept the car looking like it would from the factory... almost.

EDIT: this is also why they do not make a sub for the other side. On top of it sticking out too far as compared to the left, it also would eliminate the ability to get at the spare tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Themmhmmmm33 View Post
    HU:Pioneer AVH-P3300bt
    Sub enclosure: Audio integrations
    Amp: Rockford Fosgate; mounted under drivers seat
    *I also have the metra axxess steering wheel control interface and maintained all steering wheel controls*
    How do you like the Metra Axxess interface? Any quirks or problems with it? I have the PAC interface and it is been making a slow march to it's death for the last year and now rarely works. I learned this is pretty much normal for the PAC units in Subarus so I'm looking for a replacement that lasts.

Probably clarion cx501

Quote Originally Posted by economatic View Post
    How do you like the Metra Axxess interface? Any quirks or problems with it? I have the PAC interface and it is been making a slow march to it's death for the last year and now rarely works. I learned this is pretty much normal for the PAC units in Subarus so I'm looking for a replacement that lasts.
    I can't say how it will do in the long run (I've had it since July), but so far I have had no problems with it. Everything works great. And for about $40 I would say it was well worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12