Whats Up
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Whats Up within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; whats up people i'm new here i stalked around last night, im trying to sell my RX8 and get a ...

Whats Up

whats up people i'm new here i stalked around last night, im trying to sell my RX8 and get a new (to me) car. the things im looking for is a 4 door car with around 30ish hwy mpg and over 240hp. that narrows it down a lot in the sense that the only two cars on my list are a cobalt ss turbo and a wrx. im learning more toward the wrx because i havent had an awd before. but im not looking to spend anymore then 15k hopefully.

i hear the 06 is the model to go for and on top of that im going to be picky and want either blue or white. so with that being said my options are pretty limited, so any other year that would be just as good? im kind of turned off by the cobalt because around here they are extremely rare and going for 20+ for an 08. thanks for the input.

also its my first turbo car, whats the maintainance like on these? normal oil and plug changes or is there more involved with maintaining the turbo itself?

sorry for the long post, but hopefully i can have a new car by the end of the week

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heh, two new Houston members today. I just noticed you signed up a few minutes before I did.
    Ten cylinders of Boxer Engine goodness :: '07 911 GT3 RS | '12 WRX

lol nice, where are you located at? i see you're coming into a new 2012 wrx? im crunching numbers to see if i can afford one.

Central Houston -- Montrose, specifically.
    Ten cylinders of Boxer Engine goodness :: '07 911 GT3 RS | '12 WRX

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome to the forum.
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SoliceDreamer View Post
    lol nice, where are you located at? i see you're coming into a new 2012 wrx? im crunching numbers to see if i can afford one.
    Welcome to the forum. WRX's hold their value very well, which is great as an owner, but makes getting a good deal on used more challenging. The other challenge is finding one that has not been modded at some point, as so many are, and many were not done well. People slap back the OE parts and then tell stories.

IMO, if you can find a way to buy new you will be much better off. The 2011/12 version has so far proven to be a quality piece, and the performance is as good or better than any WRX model yet.

Enjoy the process and love what you choose.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an 06 WRX myself... and personally I feel the 06/07 where the best years of them. Just personal opinion... But it's an opinion shared by many around here.

Maintenance is cake with our cars. The standard 3-5k fluid changes, 30k rear diff change, 60k tranny fluid change, plug changes, and the 105k timing belt change. Not much else to them.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

alright cool thanks, what do you think i can get for around 15k?

this is what i'm looking at

04 WRX
    right at 100k miles
    $12,500

what do you all think?

I have a 07 love it and its completely stock too. One thing to check is if still has it's turbo heat shield covering the turbo, people usually don't put the back on after returning the car to stock...not always right but usually.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #619

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalWrx07 View Post
    I have a 07 love it and its completely stock too. One thing to check is if still has it's turbo heat shield covering the turbo, people usually don't put the back on after returning the car to stock...not always right but usually.
    the picture i posted looks pretty stock, only thing im worried about is the miles

I Support ClubWRX
    get a picture of the turbo.

Find out maintenance records. If they have some, and the 105k service has been done... then I wouldn't be super concerned.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

If you maintained the car well the motor will last forever I got my 02 for 11k about three years ago the motor runs strong still and it has 118k the problems I've had with her was my own fault my body got a 07 tr two years ago for 16k with 40k there are deals out there don't rush it I searched for my car for three years before I found her
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.