My new bug eye!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on My new bug eye! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys,Just purchased my first subie! and its a hole pile of fun!. shes a 2003 WRX,with decent low kms. ...

My new bug eye!

Hey guys,Just purchased my first subie! and its a hole pile of fun!. shes a 2003 WRX,with decent low kms. Its got ur basic mods, nothing to specail. Full catback exhaust from headers to a 3 " tip, blow off valve, air intake with washable filter.Apparently has a chipped engine, but i know nothing more bout it...just pulls like stink. its lowerd a few inchs on springs with some sickkk 17" JDM Rays STI RS-Zeros. Its got limo tint all the way around, and custom painted black headlights,...looks pretty sick. but stock body all the way around still. Inside its got a sick LCD screen that plays everything! with a 6 disk changer and dvd player. all wired up to a amp and a 15 "JL audio sub. it bumbs something fierce!!
    Also Came with a factory STI turbo gauge. which is dead accurate.

So as u can assume this is a huge upgrade from my last car. I live in whistler and last snow season i had to park my stock nissan 240sx. The 240 was sick, just impossible in snow. so decided to sell it to my little cousin for 2 grand and take out one big ass loan for my new bug eye! No regrets at all. this car was in perfect shape inside and out when i got it and got plans to keep it that way. I just cant wait for some AWD snow drifting now. now a few pics...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010520.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	100120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010512.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	100117Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010518.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	150.7 KB 
ID:	100116Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010523.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	100118Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010511.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	100119

for some reason my computer decided to not upload anymore than this. but ill try at another time then.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum and nice looking bugeye.
    Some suggestions I will add right off the bad - Do away with the BOV and replace it with a stock BPV, make sure your on struts that can handle that drop and that they are quality springs. Also figure out who or what tuned (as opposed to chipped) the car. Find out the type of intake as some of them are much worse than others. Also don't snow drift, its a bad idea and dangerous. I would suggest getting a set of stock wheels for cheap with some winter tires so you don't hurt your good wheels in the winter. Finally.....sell me that grill
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    So my gut instinct tells me your car is sick???

LOL welcome to the forum.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Thanks guys.The car came with a full set of winter tires, on impreza rims. the springs feels pretty decent too tho, not really that low to be honest.And it also came with the stock springs, so i can swap it over in the winter...no snowplowing! but i definitally need to do a bit of research on the chip. and grills all mine boss. unless u wana magicly straight trade for ur sti spoiler?...

no I'll keep my trunk lol. Thats awesome for the winter wheels and I wouldn't bother changing the springs back and forth, thats a lot of work and alignments. I would however take off one wheel and see if you can figure out what strut/spring combo is on there. Do that, plus my other advice and you will save yourself many headaches in the near future and many threads starting with "Help, I don't know whats wrong with my car"
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

yeah it was just guna be as a last resort if we get alot of snow but i doubt itll be that bad.if ur recomending it ill take a look at what kinda spings and stuff i have. i need to make this thing last a while.

yes, and get rid of the BOV for a stock BPV with recirc hose and check what kind of intake you have.
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Please don't beat on the tranny it will break if you dont treat it nicely, no launches. Also welcome to the forum congrads on the new bug eye
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

yeah thats what iv herd from everybody. dont worry ill baby it.and deffinitally no launches i got nothing to prove.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwrx32 View Post
    Full catback exhaust from headers to a 3 " tip
    Just a friendly FYI: for our cars, a catback exhaust refers to the exhaust system from the downpipe to the exhaust tip. In a WRX, the exhaust sequence is Engine --> Headers --> Upipe --> Turbocharger --> Downpipe --> Midpipe --> Axleback

So saying a "Full catback exhaust from headers to a 3 " tip" will get people confused around here, lol. It sounds like you have a "turboback exhaust". Also, check that you have a catless uppipe. With those mods already on the car, this should be your #1 priority if it isn't already done.

Good luck, and welcome to the Club! Whistler is awesome, I've been there in both the winter and summer, not sure which time I had the most fun!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

ahhh right on!thanks man. im a pretty big newb when it comes to subies. i had a non turbo 240sx befor this so all i really know is nissan engines. just need to learn all this stuff i guess. I was thinking about taking it to rocket ralley in squamish to get it make sure its all running tip top, and make sure the engine isnt running anything it shouldnt be. also learn some more about the chip?

Chips really arent too popular with WRXs. If i were you I would get rid of that chip ASAP. i wouldnt trust it. Just my 2 cents.
    -Nick-

I Support ClubWRX
    There is no chip. The car either has a stock ECU, a reflashed ECU, a piggyback system, or a stand-alone ECU (listed in order of likeliness and cost).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

yeah i was pretty sure there wasnt one. I was just saying if there was one, get rid of it.
    -Nick-

yeah its what i was told when i bought the car.i got a good deal on the car so i wasn't paying any exrta for the mods anyways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.