New member! hunting for a new car.

This is a discussion on New member! hunting for a new car. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I'm new to the site and I'm glad to have found it. I'm sure you guys have heard ...

New member! hunting for a new car.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and I'm glad to have found it. I'm sure you guys have heard this story a million times.... but I'm hunting for a new (or slightly used) vehicle and have been debating between a used STi (08+), a new '11 WRX or a used Evo X/IX. I've owned Toyotas for the past couple of years, Celica, MR2, Supra - But I'm pretty fed up with the whole 2 door thing and "basically" only having 2 seats. Those cars are a little older and the maintenance always ended up turning into a nightmare. I know there are some better cars out there that are faster and still have 4 doors. I'm looking for a car that will get me from A to B reliably, while having a little fun along the way. I do not plan on taking this car to the track and I would like to have something that has a reliable reputation (and a warranty would be great as well). I do not plan on "heavily" modifying the car, but I would hate to settle on a WRX and wish shortly down the road I had gotten an STi for a little extra punch - By the way what are the differences in maintenance of a WRX and STi? For the type of driving I'm doing, I've heard the WRX would do just fine, do you guys support that? Any advice or info. would be helpful - I've done my research, but I just want to hear some opinions straight from you guys. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    Never owning a Subaru, I can't tell you all the +'s with the '11 WRX. I can't stop thinking about driving it. I just bought mine for 24,000 here in Colorado. I don't think you can beat that for the car you are getting. Good luck on picking your next car.

Like many people have said to me and others, if you aren't planning on taking it to the track then I think you would be set with an 11 WRX. I also came from toyota (granted it was a corolla) but it was a great switch and the WRX does have a lot of power behind it. From what you have said, it seems like that would be the best choice IMO.

Good luck.

Thanks guys,

Gentle, was that 24,000 for a brand new '11? which trim is it and is it a hatch or sedan?

I simply can't find another car that rivals the performance/price/practicability of the new WRX. The only thing that comes to mind is the Lancer Ralliart, but I'll never go down that road.

Do you guys know of any advantages/disadvantages to the sedan and hatch? Aside from the larger trunk space in the hatch? Are there any other differences to be aware of or to consider?

And also, what are the main differences between the WRX Base/Premium/Limited. I've been hunting on Subaru's site but I can't find a solid comparison list. Are the only differences the heated seats/moonroof etc. Are there any differences in suspension/drivetrain?

Well, I went with the WRX rather than the STI mainly for financial reasons. It's my DD, and from what I've read on the board, I've made the right choice. I've had the car for a year, and I still love it.

I was hesitant to buy a used Evo...and really hesitant to buy used anything.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by cassidy0998 View Post
    Are the only differences the heated seats/moonroof etc. Are there any differences in suspension/drivetrain?
    No. Drivetrain is all the same between trim levels. Limited has leather & HIDs (worth the $1k IMO).
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Not tracking the car?

Get the WRX Limited. Leather, HID, Sunroof, and Heated Seats.

New WRX's come with summer tires, so you'll need to look in to a winter set if you are in an area that has winter.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
    2011 Impreza WRX 5MT /hatchback:
    Exterior color: BLK Obsidian Black Pearl

BLC Dark Gray

Option Package 01

Standard Model

K8F Dim Mirror/Comp w/Homelink

DBC Subwoofer/Amplifier

B8A Floor Mats, All Weather

Quote Originally Posted by cassidy0998 View Post
    Thanks guys,

Gentle, was that 24,000 for a brand new '11? which trim is it and is it a hatch or sedan?

I simply can't find another car that rivals the performance/price/practicability of the new WRX. The only thing that comes to mind is the Lancer Ralliart, but I'll never go down that road.

Do you guys know of any advantages/disadvantages to the sedan and hatch? Aside from the larger trunk space in the hatch? Are there any other differences to be aware of or to consider?