New Member from MD
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Member from MD within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I actually don't have a WRX yet, but am ...

New Member from MD

Hey guys,

just wanted to take a second to introduce myself. I actually don't have a WRX yet, but am going to get one in hopefully the coming months. I'm looking for a 2011 WRX Premium 4 door. I want the WRX over the STi because I'll be coming from a Nissan Versa, so anything is really going to seem faster!

I have been reading a lot on your site and there is a TON of information. Just wanted to know if there are any additional things I should try to get at the dealer that are a PITA to get after-the-fact. I already decided that I'm going to want to do a COBB Downpipe, intake, and tune. Thanks everyone in advance for the information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks you for the post.
    Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you're going to go that route, check out our accessport packages and it'll make it nice and simple.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Welcome!!!!

Welcome to the club.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Hello and welcome! I'm a relatively new owner from MD as well. I've been thinking about similar upgrades but was curious about how they would work with MD emissions testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Axex View Post
    Hello and welcome! I'm a relatively new owner from MD as well. I've been thinking about similar upgrades but was curious about how they would work with MD emissions testing?
    It's called friends or bribes! Or both! ^_^

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    As long as youre catted you should have no problems with emissions on a typical bolt on car.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Axex
    Tampering with emission control devices make your car no longer street legal in any state. If you plan on doing so, make sure you read up on testing done in your area, and have your ducks in a row beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance
    As long as youre catted you should have no problems with emissions on a typical bolt on car.
    Depends on the testing done. A catted downpipe can fail visual, and will likely fail a tailpipe sniffer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EJ257; 10-19-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Emissions testing is a breeze in MD. OBD-II port scan, maybe a visual inspection for a cat, and $14. My '09 stage 2 WRX with an OTS AP map and Perrin catted downpipe passed without any problems a couple weeks ago. The guy who inspected my car didn't even get the mirror out but one of the inspectors was scrutinizing an old lady in her LaSabre. All the guy asked me was "Is this the fast one?" so I downplayed it and said no since it isn't an STI.

A couple other things...a) I live in MD and b) if you have a new car an emissions inspection won't be required for 2+ years.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1

Emissions testing in MD is a bit of a joke...as long as you're catted. Heck, my Z passed with these hooked up -

Attachment 100004
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just move to St. Mary's county, there is none AFAIK.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.