New(er) car: 2002 WRX with lots of mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New(er) car: 2002 WRX with lots of mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Started a new job recently and finally got approval to go get a car by the bank. I knew I ...

New(er) car: 2002 WRX with lots of mods

Started a new job recently and finally got approval to go get a car by the bank. I knew I wanted something for the NY winters (since they kinda suck) and also fun too, so an Impreza came to mind. Ran across this on ebay and bought it on the 14th. 300 miles was well worth the trip for this piece:

http://aasullivan.com/wrx/wrx_1.JPG

http://aasullivan.com/wrx/wrx_2.JPG

http://aasullivan.com/wrx/wrx_3.JPG

Long list of mods to go with it but that's for another thread Now, for the guys on here who have some experience, I need some help on what I'm gonna do with this thing. Right now it's sitting on about 300HP+ at the crank....I won't be able to dyno it for some time. The 6 puck clutch beats the snot out of the engine and I have the stock clutch/flywheel with the car. Would that support this much abuse? I want something easier to drive for the snow and doesn't hit the engine so hard when taking off from a light.
    Leave later, drive faster, still get there first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the purchase. If you need any parts or advice, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Definitely. Looking for an OEM clutch or Stage1/2 part pretty soon to make the thing a little easier to manage.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by clutchsins View Post
    Definitely. Looking for an OEM clutch or Stage1/2 part pretty soon to make the thing a little easier to manage.
    If you want a price or suggestion, send me a PM.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Done.

So finally got the plumbing off the front end to find below...intercooler has a hole in it and was sucking water along with the turbo blowing oil....quit a mix. Got everything cleaned and the turbo on its way home this week. Will have some better pics once everything is said and done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	332649_10150440348018784_697793783_10195112_1272654892_o.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	100501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	335022_10150438978168784_697793783_10188551_425634198_o.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	100502

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.