New to game.... 04 wrx wagon.. Any insight, suggestions...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New to game.... 04 wrx wagon.. Any insight, suggestions... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got an '04 wrx hatch, and it's great! Getting prepped for sale, so I dont even have pictures ...

New to game.... 04 wrx wagon.. Any insight, suggestions...

I just got an '04 wrx hatch, and it's great! Getting prepped for sale, so I dont even have pictures to post yet. But I just wanted to say Hi to the group, and post a thread.
    My car is all stock and in pretty great shape, but I was wondering what upgrades are most important for this car, what to do first, what can wait? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
    I was planning on doing the H6 rear brake conversion at some point (I would love to just upgrade all the calipers, rotors, and lines but a little pricey at the moment), an intake, probably do the exhaust, front strut brace bar maybe upgrade rear sway?
    I also want to replace my headlight setup eventually, for now I need to get a new fog lamp but whats a decent replacement?

Thanks guys, I'll post pics later this week probably
    Last edited by QuailEyes; 10-15-2011 at 09:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't get an intake.

Look at Hella 500 plus brackets for the fog lamps.

Forget the front strut brace bar.

Consider a rear strut brace bar.

Consider a rear sway bar from a wrecked bugeye 4 door car, they are cheaper than aftermarket. Or, buy aftermarket but if you do, buy links also. Don't overdo it, use as little bar as possible to get the balance you like.

The H6 parts can be bought from wrecks also, lessening total cost.

Consider pads all around. There are a number of options for any budget.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Do the Hella brackets fit right into the existing foggy holes in my bumper? Because I dont really feel like replacing my bumper bracket or cutting it out like with the JDMs.

-Love the TrailerParkBoys reference... I am the liquor, Randy-man...

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry, I mispoke because I misread the year (model) of your car. The Hellas I was thinking of do not fit. Contact rallylights.com for possible options.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thanks for all the info, as this is an ongoing project feel free to shoot me any info as it comes.

I Support ClubWRX
    H6 is a great upgrade. I would suggest stainless lines and hawk pads with a better fluid and a master cylinder brace..

As for suspension, thats a whole lot of different opinions..

Dont get an intake..

Up-pipe, Down-pipe, cat back exhaust, accessport for stage 2 flash and youll be set.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Up-pipe, Down-pipe, cat back exhaust, accessport for stage 2 flash and youll be set.
    ^^^ what he said.

Check out our Accessport Packages:

2002-2007 WRX/STI Packages : Kronos Performance, Leading since 6th Century BC
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

May be a dumb question, but is an "accessport" just like an ECU chip for other cars? Does it do an electronic tune through the car's computer? And is it adjusting the tune based on the added mods (header, exhaust, etc.), or is it... well what is it exactly?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by QuailEyes View Post
    May be a dumb question, but is an "accessport" just like an ECU chip for other cars?
    No, it is not a chip in the 90s era sense.

Does it do an electronic tune through the car's computer?
    Yes, that's it.

And is it adjusting the tune based on the added mods (header, exhaust, etc.), or is it... well what is it exactly?
    On their site, they sell their product (for what I consider a fabulous amount of money; there are cheaper DIY solutions but it's also a case of convenience, and an "if you have to ask" example where if you have to ask, go ahead and use Cobb products) and they also have maps, with map notes.

Read the map notes. If a part is listed in the map notes, it is supported and can be used with the product. If it is not, then no.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.