Need help picking a good year of STI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need help picking a good year of STI within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I am looking to get my first STI and was wondering what is a good year to get? ...

Need help picking a good year of STI

Hey guys I am looking to get my first STI and was wondering what is a good year to get? Thanks for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What's your price range?
    Do you want a modded or fairly stock sti?
    Daily driver or what will the use of it be?
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard! I think a great place to start will be to drive different years and see how they feel to you. The older, pre-2008 cars will deliver a more raw driving experience than the newer cars...and there are differences from year to year. At the end of the day, you need to buy the car that suits your tastes.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I will be taking out a loan for it so price is not really an issue but I do not want anything newer than 07 or 08. I would like more of a stock STI so I can do the work and know what is done to it and what abuse it can handle. It will be a daily driver and used for racing at the track and the occasional person on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by bhowell93 View Post
    I will be taking out a loan for it so price is not really an issue but I do not want anything newer than 07 or 08. I would like more of a stock STI so I can do the work and know what is done to it and what abuse it can handle. It will be a daily driver and used for racing at the track and the occasional person on the road.
    Well a loan could still be an issue. clean good 07 you still will be paying mid $20k's

Like ray said pre 2008 more raw driving for sure, Personally I would stay away from a 2008. but that is my $.02
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

What do you think about the 05 or 06 model STIs?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.