2011 WRX Mods
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a new 2011 Wrx and wanting to invest in mods. Basically I am wondering what mods I should ...

2011 WRX Mods

I have a new 2011 Wrx and wanting to invest in mods. Basically I am wondering what mods I should buy first to last.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All depends on what your goals are.You can find some ideas here http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tutori...od-thread.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Im trying to get above 300. I was gonna start with an intake and then a tune, which intake would you recommend that gives the best horsepower.
    Last edited by WRX 719; 10-10-2011 at 04:46 PM.

I just installed the Cobb SF intake with air box. Loving it and my tuner says they see some pretty decent gains from it. Best of luck enjoy the '11

I Support ClubWRX
    1) Tune BEFORE any intake (or simultaneously with the correct map for it).
    2) An OTS stage 2 map is only going to get you app. 265whp. To get 300 at the wheels, it depends what you're willing to do. It's hard, but possible, to hit that as a peak number on the stock turbo. I wouldn't recommend embracing a number so much, since it all depends on the tune and more importantly the dyno. Others will confirm this.
    3) I expect that "range" of hp from my near-term setup. See my profile for one of many paths to that type of goal. My path avoids swapping turbos or installing a FMIC.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Yeah I do not want to change the turbo. I should have explained more, I just want to get the best out of my current stock turbo.

I Support ClubWRX
    Turboback/reflash may get you there.

Whether or not you hit your # goal is dependent on the dyno; if you're that concerned, contact the shop tuning the car and ask what it takes to hit 300whp on their dyno.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Okay thank you guys. Sorry I am a new to this.

Yea very new here 2 my first car always owned trucks and bikes ..wanted a fast car that drives in the snow figured the wrx fit ... First thing I'm gonna do is a tint ...a friend of mine said the Cobb intake and air.box was incredible made a huge difference just sucks the access port is almost 600 $ ..can Somones explain the access port a little better for me..like say I install the intake and then use the access port then install an exhaust a little bit later could I do a re tune like with the same access port

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by john2378
    can Somones explain the access port a little better for me..like say I install the intake and then use the access port then install an exhaust a little bit later could I do a re tune like with the same access port
    Yes

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Turboback/reflash may get you there.

Whether or not you hit your # goal is dependent on the dyno; if you're that concerned, contact the shop tuning the car and ask what it takes to hit 300whp on their dyno.
    They will say "oh it costs $$$ you give them way too much money the change the dyno numbers to make you happy.

IMHO I'm looking at same thing for the spring is to have a daily driver 300WHP+

Going off, other forums and peoples setups, plus cobb's dyno youtube page. The dyno is going to make a huge difference, plus time of year etc etc.

But most people right around the 300 mark seem to have.
    1. TBE
    2. Protune
    3. Intake (usually)
    4. TMIC or FMIC (not always though)
    5. 93 oct.
    6. EBCS

just do a google or forum search you will see alot of 2011's at that number or higher WHP. Just remeber every dyno is different,
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX 719 View Post
    Okay thank you guys. Sorry I am a new to this.
    We were all new once. If you have questions, PLEASE ask before installing anything. Too many people add intakes, downpipes, and such without tuning for them....this is not good. Keep your ECU happy.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    We were all new once. If you have questions, PLEASE ask before installing anything. Too many people add intakes, downpipes, and such without tuning for them....this is not good. Keep your ECU happy.
    +1 don't pay attention to any debate about an intake and not needing a tune.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Yeah I have a 15% tint on mine if you check out the pictures

Yeah I know to always get a tune... Basically just don't know who is a good installer in Colorado Springs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.