Recently purchased a SUBIE!!!!!!!! in love<3. New to the forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Recently purchased a SUBIE!!!!!!!! in love<3. New to the forum within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally did it......... I ditched the Hondas!! Sooooooo proud to be a Subaru owner now, I was living a ...

Recently purchased a SUBIE!!!!!!!! in love<3. New to the forum

I finally did it......... I ditched the Hondas!! Sooooooo proud to be a Subaru owner now, I was living a false life and I have found my way to the right path. Whats up my peeps?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome. i have also recently bought my first Subie and i am loving it as-well. have fun!
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum. If you need any parts or advice let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Thank You!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. i came from the honda scene too.

just remember, subarus are totally different when it comes to modding- you cant just throw stuff on and drive around let us know if you have any questions.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Some quick photos of my wagon since I purchased is stock a month ago!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx engine.jpg   wrx front.jpg  

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cool Ride.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to Club
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome!

You said you bought it stock so did you add the air intake yourself?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Welcome!

You said you bought it stock so did you add the air intake yourself?
    Yes, i just recently put it on. Along with full exhaust, coilovers, short throw shifter, bov, radiator and hoses, slotted and drilled brakes, anti lift kit, and camber kit. I have 3k hids for fogs, 10k hids for head lights, radiator cooling plate, alternator shield and cf hood to still put on.

Its hard to find time for my newly found love with work and family. Its came a long way in a month and will continue to make progress. Thanks for all the "welcomes" I look forward to being a member on this forum

Dont hate on the bricks for jack stands lol. Im in the Coast Guard and I havent recieved my house hold goods from my recent move.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx on jack.jpg  

Welcome to the forums, and nice scoob
    Just some friendly advice, I really hope the full exhaust has a tune to go with it..If not, look into cobb AP's. Subaru's aren't as nice as hondas when you mod them....If you don't tune it, you'll be in for a new engine. Also, subaru's stock air intake is good to 350+whp, if not more, in most cases. Since subaru's use a MAF, or Mass Air Flow Sensor, as opposed to airspeed density, when you do things like put on air intakes, it messes with your cars a/f ratio...bad idea. Also, because the MAF reads the air input in the intake, any post-intake release (Such as a BOV) removes air in a way that your ECU cannot compensate for, causing temporary lean and rich conditions....also not good. I would seriously consider replacing the stock intake and bypass valve, as they are more than efficient enough for your needs. 02-03 are a little nicer with not having to tune with exhaust modifications....but with a full TBE, I would highly suggest a tune. Trust me- You don't want to replace your subaru's engine. Been there....done that.

Edit: Just a note, the BOV lean/rich conditions are a mechanical issue, and cannot be tuned out. Without a MAF delete, and with it a new engine management system, that BOV is just going to hurt you big time.

A simple cobb stage 1 tune with an AP will increase your power and driveability a fair bit. With that exhaust, stage II is possible, which is even nicer. Try to avoid sticking a FMIC on, however cool they do admittedly look...it's just another thing to hurt you. Good luck : )
    Last edited by Pylonpounder; 10-09-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Thank your for the advice. I did have it tuned after the exhaust was installed. I did not know that abot the intake or bov. Woudnt I notice problems that would come with the 2?? I haven't experienced any idle/running problems since install of intake and bov. With my reading and being pretty knowledgable about hondas.... Seems this subie thing is a complete 180 from what I already know about cars. Thank you for your time that u spent writing me about subies I spent alot of money on these parts and would like to keep them. I'll do some more reading
    SoMeTiMeS iTs BeTtEr To AsK fOr FoRgIvEnEsS...... rAtHeR tHaN pErMiSsIoN!

I can understand wanting to protect your investment, but really, especially for the BOV, there's a HUGE thread on here entitled "the big BOV thread". Use the search function, you'll find it quite easily. It answers many things about BOV's. The idle/rich condition with the BOV happens when you shift, and the air intake is hit or miss as to whether you'll get benefits. Good luck with it again : )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast