thoughts? suggestions? HELP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on thoughts? suggestions? HELP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I test drove a 2008 WRX stock 44k miles. This is where I fell in love. So much, that I ...

thoughts? suggestions? HELP

I test drove a 2008 WRX stock 44k miles. This is where I fell in love. So much, that I was considering buying it. Did the usual haggling between price and trade in.

Right when I was going to go to talk to their finance guy, I saw MSRP on 2011s and thought why in god's name would I pay this much for on 08 when the 11s are that much.

I backed off wanting to think it over and obviously over the next couple days, the dealer is begging me to come back in, and I have it down about $2500 from our original deal.

SO. I cannot find ANY new 2011 WRXs within 600 miles of me. The ONLY option is a 2011 with 5k miles on it. It has short throw; that different spoiler, and catbac exhaust. They want $26800.

Here is my problem... he knows I really want this (my fault). what he doesn't know is everything that I know that a car dealer does and all the lingo and tactics he will use. SO, do I come clean and just say 'hey, i know what i want, and we both know what you want, so lets cut the crap and talk business'

OR should I play it cool like the 2008 and act reluctantly and play their little game.

anyone have experience with this?

also, what are thoughts on how low i need to get him. I know invoice is around $25000. There are maybe $1300 in mods. Even getting to $26000 would make me happier.

THANK YOU for ANY help. I'm going to do battle tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK so this 2008 how much to the want for it?

for the used 2011, what kind of spoiler is on it? curious and cat back? was wondering is the STS and cat back SPT?

also not sure what model 2011 it is sounds like maybe a base. but my 2011 premium stick was $29,700 and I payed $27,100 for it.

I revently had a local dude by a 2008 with 35k and payed 25k for it and I felt really bad.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    OK so this 2008 how much to the want for it?

for the used 2011, what kind of spoiler is on it? curious and cat back? was wondering is the STS and cat back SPT?

also not sure what model 2011 it is sounds like maybe a base. but my 2011 premium stick was $29,700 and I payed $27,100 for it.

I revently had a local dude by a 2008 with 35k and payed 25k for it and I felt really bad.
    Sorry sorry. The 2008 he started at 23k + 4k for my trade in (grand prix with 97k). I got him to 23k + 6k for my trade in. Turned it down, he called yesterday and said he would go to $21k. Not a horrible deal, but I'm a young professional, and another $5k is not going to break the bank. I'd much rather have the low miles new wrx to even help with resale (the value these guys hold is just unreal).

Honestly, I am very new to all of this so don't make fun of me too much for guessing at a lot of the terms , so here is the link to the car. It does not say the exact specs of the mods, but I'm sure you gurus can figure it out.

Used 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX For Sale in Mooresville NC | JF1GC7EGGBG519088

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Awesome man thanks for the link. Looks alot like mine

So from the Ad and what I can see, it is a base 2011 WRX and that spolier is a factory WRX spoiler same as I have on mine. looks like it possibly could be a SPT exhaust and if so then the STS would probably be SPT as well that came on the car from the factory. My guess all of those were.

The car prob stickered for somewhere around 27k-28k would be my guess, base invoice are more like 24k.

IMHO if you could get the to say 25.5k or lower on that 2011 and 6k on your trade. buy it and enjoy a SWP WRX

It comes down to how mwuch you enjoy the car the 2011 wider body is so much nicer and I dont think you would be dissapointed spending a bit extra for the 2011. I backed out on a 2008 myself and got a new 2011 and glad I did.

I always try to cut the crap and go right to the point. If you play their games you're just wasting time.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    The car prob stickered for somewhere around 27k-28k would be my guess, base invoice are more like 24k.

IMHO if you could get the to say 25.5k or lower on that 2011 and 6k on your trade. buy it and enjoy a SWP WRX
    Invoice for the base is around $25000(including destination charge),STI short shifter =300,SPT Exhaust=$900.

Considering it is used I would aim for $25000
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

oh agree tony but you know they probably took that car in for 22-23k at the stealership. so if he can grab it for 25.5k or less sign and run lol.

I would only go with white or the dark gray which looks sharp and badass, respectively. Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to see what I can do tomorrow, but if I can even get him to $26k, I'm going to ignite inside and take this bad boy home with an already broken in (hopefully previously done with care) motor.

AHHH CANT WAIT.

I Support ClubWRX
    $26k is the price of a new car.

It is CPO ,right?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Put an order in for a '12 (when available). The interest rate will be lower, it'll be new with a warranty, and you can get exactly what you want on it. I paid $24k brand new for a base, there's no reason you should be paying that much for a 4 year old car. I think you'd be much happier with a new car for the same price.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by robdoe1022 View Post
    I would only go with white or the dark gray which looks sharp and badass, respectively. Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to see what I can do tomorrow, but if I can even get him to $26k, I'm going to ignite inside and take this bad boy home with an already broken in (hopefully previously done with care) motor.

AHHH CANT WAIT.
    gree walk in and be straight up with them and say here is what I'll pay for the 2011($$) and here is what I want for my trade ($$) and see what they say. low ball a bit on the new car if you say 26k they might just bump up to 26.5k lol Good luck keep us posted

Wow thats a beautiful WRX... well id i were you, I'd tell them to cut the crap and get right down to business... And that IS a really really nice WRX. If it were me, I'd go get the 2011 tho.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    $26k is the price of a new car.

It is CPO ,right?
    It is NOT certified pre owned. I understand that it makes people sleep better at night, but I know some things to look for if it is not certified.

My newest dilemma is that I am driving about 2 hours each way for this. So now my problem is whether or not to do this all over the phone, or wait until I get there to drop the bomb.

I think I'll do the phone in just a little bit.

I know that a new 2012 would be around the same price, but to be honest, not only am I slightly impatient, but my car while not on it's last leg, is starting to slip (can feel a bad bearing now and then, sometimes a slight gear slip, etc.)

I'm just scared about getting promised anything and then having it retracted when I get there and the trip will be for nothing.

I understand dealers/salesmen want to make money, but in my perfect world there is a standard markup so that everyone wins.

This is my first big purchase out of college (and I've been out for 4 years now), and it has been very stressful.

Wish I could wake up tomorrow with this beautiful ride sitting in my driveway.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it. Will keep you updated.

well at 5k there really is no need for certified, you have the remainder of the full factory warranty so I think you should be fine. that is a drive and a half so do what you feel is best. talk a bit on the phone not sure how much they will do on the phone but worth a shot.

Welp, my negotiating skills aren't what they used to be...

The problem is the damn rarity of these 2011s. No one has new ones, and I've seen 2 within 200 miles of me with low miles.

I told him $25.5 is what I'd like to get near, and after a few words back and forth, the best that I got was from $26,888 to $26,400. Assuming my trade in goes well, I am comfortable with this. I'm justifying it in my head as a 'rarity premium.' GG Tsunami.

I know it's not the best deal, but I can't say it's the worst. It's a beautiful car with 5.5k miles. I may not have another opportunity if this passed so the impatient me is saying GO!

Please feel free to call me an idiot if this is just a miserable deal. I love all the feedback.

oh, and it is not CPO, but it obviously is well within the 5yr powertrain and 3yr bumper to bumper. he said they didnt CPO to keep the price down. shady or no?

Again, thank you so much!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast