turbo oil leak

This is a discussion on turbo oil leak within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I own a 2002 wrx. Every so often after I get done going for a drive, ill stop, and there ...

turbo oil leak

I own a 2002 wrx. Every so often after I get done going for a drive, ill stop, and there is smoke coming out through the hood scoop. I looked at the turbo, and the gaskets don't seem to be leaking. I was told it was part of the oil return line. On the heat shield under the turbo, there is spots of oil. But I can't seem to find out where exactly it is coming from. Any help i'd appreciate it. Please message me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Check the turbo oil return line. You might have to get the car on ramps and get a good flashlight. Not the easiest thing to locate but it is doable. While you are down there check the axle boots.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Thanks. I took as look under and sure enough the line was wet. I'm gonna replace it next week and re seal tthe turbo. I appreciate it.