Shaking HELP

This is a discussion on Shaking HELP within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, while driving my 2002 WRX normally its fine. But when I launch hand and start making high boost ...

Shaking HELP

Hey guys, while driving my 2002 WRX normally its fine. But when I launch hand and start making high boost at high rpm there is a shake in my car. I can feel it in the shifter, in my seat and in my steering wheel. Im not sure what it is and would like to get it fixed before I begin putting more power in it. The only things that are done are a Tomei M7760 turbo, 3 inch down pipe, 3 inch exhaust and a 2006 Forester XT 5 speed transmission and clutch. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im not sure if its related, but when I am in it hard, right when i go into 3 it seems like something is slipping as soon as the rpm's get to about 3500 they jump really quickly to 5000 without a huge change in mph, the same is said for 4th gear.

Sounds like your clutch is going. That may be the source of the vibration.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

The clutch was brand new when i bought the car. Its still firm and catches perfectly. I was thinking Im over powering the clutch.

I assumed you weren't using a Forester clutch with those mods. If you used the stock Forester clutch then yeah you're definitely overpowering it. Why didn't you put a different one in there when you put in the tranny?
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

the last owner put the tranny in. im looking at a 6 puck clutch now.

I was also thinking the shaking could be from the throw out barring

The shaking and slipping are two separate issues. As for slipping and putting in a 6 puck clutch, you may end up breaking other things like gears or axles if you have too strong a clutch in there. The vibration could be the bearing. You haven't described the behavior clearly enough to really understand what the car's doing.
    Scott

When im driving normally its perfectly fine. But when I get it hard and start making power and shifting at higher rpms there is the shake that occurs especially when i put it right to the floor. the higher it revs the worse the shack is. Any better?