when you see wrx on the road what do you do?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on when you see wrx on the road what do you do? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm a new owner of a 2011 wrx wrb hatch and i have noticed whenever i see other wrx they ...

when you see wrx on the road what do you do?

i'm a new owner of a 2011 wrx wrb hatch and i have noticed whenever i see other wrx they give this complimentary (kinda like bikers) gesture rather than wanting to race me, is this the same where you are?
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah its the same here and i live in Maryland. Only about 4 wrxs around here tho its a pretty small town.

I Support ClubWRX
    I know many/most of the owners in the area. Reactions include waves, beep of the horn, or even an impromptu beer or two.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I usually wave or honk or sometimes just flash my headlights,But I don't always get a response.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

i see plenty around my area, usually get/give a wave or headnod.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

im in annapolis area of maryland theres a few here and there but up towards gaithersburg near my work andrewtech is behind my shop theres always a subie rumbling around here. BUT personally ill chunk up a duece , or do a head nod sometimes they dont do it back and i feel like an ass
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Wave or flash my high beams if my windows are up. Which is rare...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

now, with a civic si that's a different story/thread

Kurt Cobain

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm in the SF Bay Area and see rex's pretty frequently. Usually give/ get a wave, head nod, or honk.

One thing I have noticed though is that one rex in a parking lot causes a "moth to a flame effect". I stopped at the super wal mart the other day and parked towards the back of the lot, away from carts and other cars. When I came out 30 mins later (spent 5 mins looking for what I came for and 25 mins standing in line) the was a silver bugeye and a blue 07 sti parked on my left and right sides.

I stuck around for a couple minutes to see if I could catch either of the owners but I figured they'd be stuck in line for a while and took off. thought that was kinda cool though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Romdizzle View Post
    One thing I have noticed though is that one rex in a parking lot causes a "moth to a flame effect".
    Nothing unusual.It has happened to me a lot.There is an Evo parked in the outer areas of the parking lot of the supermarket I go to(the owner must work there) and I always park next to it.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    lol... I guess he was late for work that day... I only leave my wipers up like that if I'm rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Romdizzle View Post
    I'm in the SF Bay Area and see rex's pretty frequently. Usually give/ get a wave, head nod, or honk.

One thing I have noticed though is that one rex in a parking lot causes a "moth to a flame effect". I stopped at the super wal mart the other day and parked towards the back of the lot, away from carts and other cars. When I came out 30 mins later (spent 5 mins looking for what I came for and 25 mins standing in line) the was a silver bugeye and a blue 07 sti parked on my left and right sides.

I stuck around for a couple minutes to see if I could catch either of the owners but I figured they'd be stuck in line for a while and took off. thought that was kinda cool though.
    that was, cool!

Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Nothing unusual.It has happened to me a lot.There is an Evo parked in the outer areas of the parking lot of the supermarket I go to(the owner must work there) and I always park next to it.

beautiful sight! can we be friends? or not!....

Kurt Cobain

Quote Originally Posted by jamir22 View Post
    i'm a new owner of a 2011 wrx wrb hatch and i have noticed whenever i see other wrx they give this complimentary (kinda like bikers) gesture rather than wanting to race me, is this the same where you are?
    The wave is common.. most scoobie owners are mature enough to keep the racing to the track. Some aren't.. but .. that is what it is.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

When I just bought my 03 wrx, everyone would always give a thumbs up in any subaru that would see you. Friendly group of car owners. Now that I moved on to a sti, and sold that as well and just drive an economy car (camry). When I see a Wrx or STI now, I proceed to unzip my pants and rub one off to old memories.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast