when you see wrx on the road what do you do? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on when you see wrx on the road what do you do? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I usually wave or do the head nod. I usually get a response about 90% of the time. Most of ...

I usually wave or do the head nod. I usually get a response about 90% of the time. Most of the WRX or STi owners around here are more mature. I have seen a few who are younger than me (I'm only 23) that are pretty snobbish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I always try and give a wave, but rarely does anyone around here see it and wave back. I've had 2 wave backs since August. Regarding women driving WRX's, it seems the great majority of WRX owners here in utah are women as that's what I see 75% of the time.

I give a little wave and get a tad giddy inside that i saw another wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    I usually flatten my bill out on my hat, turn it sideways, and throw up the shocker, followed by 3 horn honks, and sudden acceleration through a school zone.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    I usually flatten my bill out on my hat, turn it sideways, and throw up the shocker, followed by 3 horn honks, and sudden acceleration through a school zone.
    No flashing hazards afterwards? Poser...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

if my window's down, I'll wave - otherwise I try to do a light flash or smth.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    In 2002, waves were returned 95% of the time...a couple of times we both pulled off the road and shared our bro-love for the car.
    As time has worn on, the waving phenomenon has decreased; maybe 40% of the time I'll get some kind of response. Many of the ignoring folk seem to be younger owners who likely picked up an early WRX used, and are still too wrapped up in their hormone-soaked egos to give props to another owner. It's just a theory...
    woah woah sir , you just said exactly what i am but i give props to any other wrx owner xD
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

I Support ClubWRX
    It's the truth Tom. I've seen the difference just going from 2006 to almost 2012. There used to be stoplight conversations about the cars, pulling up next to each other in parking lots and having a quick conversation about our cars, waves out the windows, etc, etc... now I'm having 16yr olds with Monster Energy hats trying to race down the interstate. I've stopped waving because more than half the time the response isn't worth the effort.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Wrx View Post
    woah woah sir , you just said exactly what i am but i give props to any other wrx owner xD
    It wasn't meant as an insult, just an observation. It's natural that the novelty would decrease over time. I bought my first bugeye in April of 2002, and it was actually quite uncommon to see one on the road around here. Folks who bought them (I'm wildly generalizing) had researched them and had seen what a cool Swiss Army knife they were...and a nerdy fraternity effect developed. Keep giving the props! It speaks well of you..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    now I'm having 16yr olds with Monster Energy hats trying to race down the interstate.
    i have a monster energy hat lol. i love the whole wave,nod, etc thing wrxs have, yeah kids race/go fast and theirs no doubt about it the only thing that sets apart the adults from the teens are how experienced they are with driving and the knowledge of the road. The reason i believe wrx drivers are frond on are because there is a time and a place to go fast, ( when the road is safe )The adults know this and they are more cautious but we the teenagers ( not me of course xD ) do it whenever we feel like it.
    Shifting Day n Night in my RedRex

I'm in Erie, PA and these WRX owners need to know of the wave, no lovin!

First post, ayyyoo

I'd step on the gas and get out of the way, saw one the other day I was making a turn to a plaza when this dude (can i say dude?) racing I don't know who, coming right at me , I know who you are!.......I forgive you..
    2011 WRX WRB HB, 2011 FORESTER SSM AWP Premium.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.
    Kurt Cobain

about it the only thing that sets apart the adults from the teens are how experienced they are with driving and the knowledge of the road. The reason i believe wrx drivers are frond on are because there is a time and a place to go fast, ( when the road is safe )The adults know this and they are more cautious but we the teenagers ( not me of course xD ) do it whenever we feel like it.

I would have to agree. I do push my WRX past the speed limit but only when I see its safe to do so (no one else around, safe road, good condition, no blind areas I cant see, never so fast to lose any kind of control, not a police area, no pedestrians, etc....). Teenagers will do the same but without many years of driving experience its easy to lull yourself into overlooking something, to not know the limits, or to not anticipate a possible dangerous situation that is upcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Turb0Licious View Post
    I'm in Erie, PA and these WRX owners need to know of the wave, no lovin!

First post, ayyyoo
    THIS^^^

Around here I only get the aknoledgement about 60% of the time...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I always wave, well, unless its an old lady driving, I don't want to creep them out. For some reason I see lots of old ladies driving WRX's around here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.