when you see wrx on the road what do you do? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on when you see wrx on the road what do you do? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In 2002, waves were returned 95% of the time...a couple of times we both pulled off the road and shared ...

I Support ClubWRX
    In 2002, waves were returned 95% of the time...a couple of times we both pulled off the road and shared our bro-love for the car.
    As time has worn on, the waving phenomenon has decreased; maybe 40% of the time I'll get some kind of response. Many of the ignoring folk seem to be younger owners who likely picked up an early WRX used, and are still too wrapped up in their hormone-soaked egos to give props to another owner. It's just a theory...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    In 2002, waves were returned 95% of the time...a couple of times we both pulled off the road and shared our bro-love for the car.
    As time has worn on, the waving phenomenon has decreased; maybe 40% of the time I'll get some kind of response. Many of the ignoring folk seem to be younger owners who likely picked up an early WRX used, and are still too wrapped up in their hormone-soaked egos to give props to another owner. It's just a theory...
    This and newer model owners did not experience the relative rarity / novelty of the then new WRX.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i appreciate, love, and adore my '11. and i also wave/head nod/deuce every wrx/sti and sometimes give a smile to a forester or outback

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

As a new soob owner, I'm diggin this thread! I appreciate all the love you get from other owners. Even get some love from mitsus. I always try throwing a deuce, I usually see the other soobs too late.

Mad luv n respect

I have yet to pass a fellow Subaru owner that hasn't waved. I have had a couple of older guys (50+) stop me and ask me about my STI and tell me about there Legacy or WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis
    I have had a couple of older guys (50+) stop me and ask me about my STI and tell me about there Legacy or WRX.
    That's always fun. My old boss used to have a WRX (now he has an MS3); he never rode in the STI stock, but he was giddy when I took him for a quick spin with a few extras on there...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

We have a very tight-knit Subaru community around here, so most of us know each other and wave/honk/rev etc. Occasionally somebody will just stare at me when I wave, but it doesn't happen very often.
    04 WRX Wagon

I always give a wave, whether in my wrx, or any other vehicle. There are plenty of subaru's around here, but only one 2011 wrx. So I was very surprised to see a black one on my way home today. I basically came out of my window with a huge wave, to find that it was a girl! I didn't get a good look at her due to the glare on her windows, so I'm not sure what kind of look she gave me. I was in my 01 RS, so i think she got the idea...
    2006 WRX
    Opensource STG 2, Epic Engineering
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #032

http://s258.photobucket.com/home/joesubaru7/index
    DD: 2001 2.5RS
    Old: 1998 2.5RS [url]

I go ¤fap fap fap¤ and then shake my hand off out the window...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Nothing unusual.It has happened to me a lot.There is an Evo parked in the outer areas of the parking lot of the supermarket I go to(the owner must work there) and I always park next to it.

Crazy Tony posted another pic of his car
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I recently bought my '04 WRX, and where I live, WRX's and STI's are very popular. And like a few of you have mentioned before, I park at our costco, and I'll come out from shopping like an hour later, and there will be like 5 or 6 WRX's/STI's parked around me. And as far we seeing WRX's around town, I usually will just wave/flash my lights or honk.
    Last edited by wrxsti2011; 10-05-2011 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typo. :P

I usually don't see too many where I live so when I do I make sure give a wave or a beep

I'll wave or flash my lights. But I don't always get a response. I live on a military base and there a plenty of WRX's and STI's.

There's so many out here that I only wave to somebody if they wave to me first.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Usually just give a friendly wave/thumbs up/flash of the lights/honk....depending on the situation lol.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.