Does everyone try to race you in your WRX?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. So i picked up a 2011 WRX hatch about a month ago. I just finished up the 1000 ...

Does everyone try to race you in your WRX?

Hey guys. So i picked up a 2011 WRX hatch about a month ago. I just finished up the 1000 mile break in and was on 230 mile road trip this weekend. There were at least 10 cars that tried to race me over the trip. Since I just got through the break in, I messed around with a 96 Vette, 2002 Mustang GT, G35, and a Mazdaspeed6.

Anyway it was kind of ridiculous how much people wanted to race. Do you guys have the same thing happening to you in your WRXs, or more specifically 2011s?

The car is stock btw (except for kartboy sts and bushings )... so its not like the car is loud and drawing attention from that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The thought of tickets,paying more for insurance,wrecking my car,being disabled for life,or getting killed come to mind & act as deterrents in my case.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 10-02-2011 at 08:25 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I just picked mine up a few days ago and did a weekend trip to the beach. I was driving down late at night and had two cars fly up next to me, down shift, beep, and take off. I don't street race, but it was too funny to see these cars do the exact same thing in probably a 10 minute time span. You are definitely right.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Keep it off the streets. It isn't worth jeoparidizing your own safety, let alone the safety of others. If you have no regard for your own safety, I don't really care, but at least have enough respect for the lives of other people on the roads to not race there.

In answer to your question, yes all the time. There are a lot of young jackasses in my area that haven't learned the important lesson I outlined above. Just let them go, you have nothing to prove.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The thought of tickets,paying more for insurance,wrecking my car,being disabled for life,or getting killed come to mind & act as deterrents in my case.
    very true. it will be nice to eventually open the car up at a drag strip.

Haven't had anyone want to mess with me just yet in my car, but even if they do I will shrug it off. There is too much at stake plus, if you have ever been pulled over for drag racing before that alone is enough to make you think twice. Not a good situation and you throw a bunch of money away.
    2011 Spark Silver Metallic WRX Limited - purchased 9/3/11
    2004 SRT-4 FP Green, Diablosport, 344whp/375wtq 93 oct. | Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Not often. Subarus are too commonplace in colorado. Occasionally someone will want to, but it's not often. I'll usually honk 3 times, and let them drive off like a moron.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

haha that's great. i might have to try that next time

KHP
    Lol I haven't had a lot of people want to race me. In my friends point of view though(the front passenger seat). People have eyed me multiple times wanting to race and I guess I also get the "looks" of people checking out my car.

I like minding my own business in traffic lights. I feel like its rude to look/stare down a person at traffic lights, but that's just me.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Nope. I haven't got anything just yet . So close to finish breaking it in (120 ish miles to go). But it seems like a lot of people mind there own business on the saw mill... but then again I'm mostly driving during the times that people go and come back to work so most people just want to get to there jobs/homes...

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    Hey guys. So i picked up a 2011 WRX hatch about a month ago. I just finished up the 1000 mile break in and was on 230 mile road trip this weekend. There were at least 10 cars that tried to race me over the trip. Since I just got through the break in, I messed around with a 96 Vette, 2002 Mustang GT, G35, and a Mazdaspeed6.

Anyway it was kind of ridiculous how much people wanted to race. Do you guys have the same thing happening to you in your WRXs, or more specifically 2011s?

The car is stock btw (except for kartboy sts and bushings )... so its not like the car is loud and drawing attention from that.
    I generally look angry as hell.. so no, people dont try to race me. Not that I'd give them the pleasure of getting a rise out of me but with this car it has only happened a couple of times and each one was some little punk ass, flat brimmed hat, monster drinking douche bag. Not worth the waste of my time.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Once in a while they try to get me to, but I just ignore them... I think that I don't get it as much, cause my car is black and dark tinted windows so it doesn't stand out as much which I like...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

same here. My car is silver with black windows. Looks classy vs ricey...
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ARhode View Post
    I just picked mine up a few days ago and did a weekend trip to the beach. I was driving down late at night and had two cars fly up next to me, down shift, beep, and take off. I don't street race, but it was too funny to see these cars do the exact same thing in probably a 10 minute time span. You are definitely right.
    There is a good chance at least one of them later posted a video on YouTube showing how they raced and crushed an '11 WRX.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

^ lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.