Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; yep not good to race on the road. mine is a sleeper so after they try to take off i ...

I Support ClubWRX
    yep not good to race on the road. mine is a sleeper so after they try to take off i just blow right by,without even going over 70. we have a race track only 25 miles away so its worth paying 10 dollars to really see what your car can do under controlled environment and safe for everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I got smoked by a CRX with a fartcan on the Interstate Thursday. It was a good "race"; he left me in the dust without me touching my cruise control...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    haha this is my brother in law. he swears his 24v cummins can out run my stock '11 wrx.
    Depending on how modded the truck is it might but most guys just have a programmer and tbe. I am impressed with how diesel trucks run but most of the owners act like they are king of everything, drag racing included.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Yeah, majority have been late model mustangs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Depending on how modded the truck is it might but most guys just have a programmer and tbe. I am impressed with how diesel trucks run but most of the owners act like they are king of everything, drag racing included.
    yeah he just had the programmer and tbe. they can be very fast, but takes a lot of power to compensate for the weight
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Lots of other WRX's here, plus a slew of S4's and Evo's, and it happens pretty frequently. A good friend of mine thought it would be fun to race a guy in an SRT-4, and now is a quadriplegic... I know the rush of racing on the street is simply not worth it. I'm all for sunrise canyon blasts and track days, but if other cars are around, keep it safe.

I was behind an EVO and an STi the other day and they were cruising beside each other...I was waiting for them to race but they never did...I bet it had something to do with me being in a Dodge Charger....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lytlec
    I was behind an EVO and an STi the other day and they were cruising beside each other...I was waiting for them to race but they never did...I bet it had something to do with me being in a Dodge Charger....
    Should've showed some Subaru pride and lit up the Evo...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Should've showed some Subaru pride and lit up the Evo...
    I was hoping they would stop somewhere so I could talk to them!! They didn't...so I am just known as the guy that ruined their fun...lol!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I've only ever had a couple of times where someone tried to race me. Every time it was a generic mustang.

More importantly, when I first got my ride I took it on a long road trip and I swear, every time I saw another WRX there would always be an exchanging of nods or thumbs up. So awesome

I also like the three honk method- next time it's happening.
    Last edited by Subie Doobie; 01-01-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subie Doobie View Post
    I've only ever had a couple of times where someone tried to race me. Every time it was a generic mustang.

More importantly, when I first got my ride I took it on a long road trip and I swear, every time I saw another WRX there would always be an exchanging of nods or thumbs up. So awesome

I also like the three honk method- next time it's happening.
    i love that it's like he jeep thing. Great to see some pride come with the car.

On the 31st some idiot in a civic wanted to race me in the rain while I was on my way to bring the wife to a nail salon. I didn't want to race, but I did give it a little gas to get away from the jackass revving and spinning his tires like a moron on the wet road. In all honesty, I was worried that he would wreck into me so I figured the safest place for him was behind me. Of course, I shut it down at 40 MPH (the speed limit), then 4 seconds later comes this flyby stunt where the Civic driver proceeds to lose control and skid sideways into the left turn lane. I hope pointing and laughing at him was appropriate behavior, because both my wife and I managed to get a good laugh out of the moron.

Next time, I'm just going to let a moron drive like a moron, keep a safe distance, and enjoy the carnage. Maybe I'll be nice and call 911 to report the accident. All bets of being nice are off if some idiot slams into the side of my car doing idiot stuff.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by OakFF252 View Post
    i love that it's like he jeep thing. Great to see some pride come with the car.
    i agree, and i have both but i really see waving at people as a common courtesy, i was raised in the south where its common to wave at cars as they pass you just to be polite and say hey
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    i agree, and i have both but i really see waving at people as a common courtesy, i was raised in the south where its common to wave at cars as they pass you just to be polite and say hey
    That's a good policy. I admit there are not many "friendly drivers" in my neck of the woods so it was a refreshing change to see some comradery on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gunz4me View Post
    Next time, I'm just going to let a moron drive like a moron, keep a safe distance, and enjoy the carnage. Maybe I'll be nice and call 911 to report the accident. All bets of being nice are off if some idiot slams into the side of my car doing idiot stuff.
    I see people do all kinds of stupid stuff in the snow every season. Not racing per se but just driving like complete morons, way too fast, jabbing the brakes periodically, passing like fools, etc. It's always funny when you turn the corner and see that idiot plowed into a snow bank (not injured of course). Cant tell you how many times I've seen it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie Doobie View Post
    That's a good policy. I admit there are not many "friendly drivers" in my neck of the woods so it was a refreshing change to see some comradery on the road.

yeah i live in ohio now, cuz my family moved up when i was younger and there aint too many friendly people here either lol

I see people do all kinds of stupid stuff in the snow every season. Not racing per se but just driving like complete morons, way too fast, jabbing the brakes periodically, passing like fools, etc. It's always funny when you turn the corner and see that idiot plowed into a snow bank (not injured of course). Cant tell you how many times I've seen it.
    i like to play around in open parking lots in the snow, but i stay away from doing stupid things on the roads
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast