Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If I had a dollar for every person that's tried to race me I'd be a rich man. It actually ...

If I had a dollar for every person that's tried to race me I'd be a rich man. It actually happens more often in my Porsche when somebody in a tuned EVO or STI wants to show me how fast their Japanese car is versus the Porsche as if to say "Ha my $25k Japanese 4 door is as fast as your fancy Porsche." The problem is none of them are, nor can they dream of keeping up at 100+. It's really annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Romdizzle View Post
    I was in a suburban area and a Ferrari that was coming the opposite direction revved at me as to say "Welcome to the fast car club".
    Are you sure he wasn't revving it to say "Nice rice rocket this is what a real fast car sounds like".....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Greatt is this what I have to look forward to... ricers galore? There's a kid I went to high school with who have a 5 door Impreza (not WRX) and I know for a fact the first time were at a light next to each other he's going to try.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Are you sure he wasn't revving it to say "Nice rice rocket this is what a real fast car sounds like".....

you'd be surprised how many sleepers there are out there with 600hp or more under the hood. theres guys around my way driving beat up corrolla's with sr20det's swapped in them... sleeping on other peoples car will have you on youtube in someones rear view ...lol i wouldnt risk it

Quote Originally Posted by sycknight_ryda View Post
    you'd be surprised how many sleepers there are out there with 600hp or more under the hood. theres guys around my way driving beat up corrolla's with sr20det's swapped in them... sleeping on other peoples car will have you on youtube in someones rear view ...lol i wouldnt risk it
    what a waste of $$$ if that is true lol
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I know it seems like a waste of $$$, but way back in the day when I was driving a '79 Chevy Chevette (kids -you'll have to look that up) I had dreams of dropping a V8 in there and shocking other drivers. There is something about taking a POS and turning it into a sleeper that can be very satisfying.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

xD

It is exciting to see hard work pay off.. N the look on an exotic car owners face when they are losing is priceless.. This vid is an example

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones
    If I had a dollar for every person that's tried to race me I'd be a rich man. It actually happens more often in my Porsche when somebody in a tuned EVO or STI wants to show me how fast their Japanese car is versus the Porsche as if to say "Ha my $25k Japanese 4 door is as fast as your fancy Porsche." The problem is none of them are, nor can they dream of keeping up at 100+. It's really annoying!
    Al@Dynoflash posted a street race video of him taking on a 911 Turbo in an STI.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones

There's a guy with a green Ferrari I see every so often that exchanges s when we cross paths

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Tonight I was the DD. My buddies and I stopped at Mcd's and afterwards some moron in a soft top mustang just flipped me off for about a mile and a half. I think either he wanted to start **** or hes just jelly he can't has a real car.

I Support ClubWRX
    i have yet to have people try to race me, not that i do, i save that for the track. and OakFF252, nothing wrong with a mustang, just the driver
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    i have yet to have people try to race me, not that i do, i save that for the track. and OakFF252, nothing wrong with a mustang, just the driver
    I wasn't blaming the car. Just poking fun. In fact I pulled up next to a nice wrx the other day and I gave the driver a wave. He just gave me a dirty look and took off. Sometimes I feel bad for nice cars
    Last edited by OakFF252; 12-31-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Oak you from bergen county? im in Montvale what town you in? we should roll out to a meet together sometime,, but my '11 STI is in the shop gettin new motor, clutch and endlinks = O

I've only had a few people mess with me in the car and of course most of them are diesel trucks. I know a few people that own them and know they run well with a few mods but it's still a 7000lb truck.

I didn't bother with anyone on the road when my car was stock because I thought it was pretty slow unless your in 1st or 2nd gear but once I got the Cobb AP, turbo back, and intake I have some fun every now and then if it's a safe area.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I've only had a few people mess with me in the car and of course most of them are diesel trucks. I know a few people that own them and know they run well with a few mods but it's still a 7000lb truck.
    haha this is my brother in law. he swears his 24v cummins can out run my stock '11 wrx.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast