Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Does everyone try to race you in your WRX? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes, when i first got my car, every car i stopped with on red light wanted to race me. First ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, when i first got my car, every car i stopped with on red light wanted to race me. First couple weeks i would race until i hit 60 mph, than i woul step on brakes. But now i just ton't care, i just drive it as normal driver, don't want to hurt anyone, and get a bad ass ticket etc.
    No matter how smart you are, there is always someone better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Once in a while. It doesn't bother me, though. I'm hardly in a hurry, and have little to prove...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Seems like last few weeks alot more in my area. biggest is i'll be doing 70 or so on the freeway and someoen in a random car will pull next to me and stare and pin the gas LOL.

I did have a guy in a 2004 nissan sentra SER-SpecV with his girlfriend try to race me after a car show on Fri. they must have been 16-17 yrs old he was reving up his stock motor and peeled out like a bat out of hell at a light. I did stanard launch and maybe 3/4 throttle and when I hti 2nd I was a good 4 car ahead of him lol. so sad for him.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I haven't had it happen yet, but I'm sure it will in the near future.

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had a few people beat their chest at me but I just ignore it. I've actually had more friendly/ acknowledging gestures from other enthusiasts (EVO, GTI, 370Z, other WRX owners, etc.) in passing. For example, the day after I drove my rex off the lot I was cruising around in Napa. I was in a suburban area and a Ferrari that was coming the opposite direction revved at me as to say "Welcome to the fast car club". I think if someone in a Ferrari acknowledges you, you shouldn't have to "prove yourself" to someone driving a 96 Civic that sounds like a lawn mower on steroids.

lol "lawn mower on steroids" nice one! Yea for the most part around here, we have pretty decent local Subi club and get invited to alot of the midwest evo meets that are local and most all the evo guys are cool. I noticed it's more the Rice boys in their honda's or mommie and daddies cars thinking they are cool, which I have nothign to prove to get a ticket or accident.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Everyone tries to race and i just laugh, but if the dude looks like a jackass.... I race.

I've had the car 72 hours and I've had half a dozen Honda's try to lure me into a street race. Oddly, no Honda's ever tried to get me to race when I was in my old Honda.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Meh...I hate this thread.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by RSX-->WRX View Post
    Hey guys. So i picked up a 2011 WRX hatch about a month ago. I just finished up the 1000 mile break in and was on 230 mile road trip this weekend. There were at least 10 cars that tried to race me over the trip. Since I just got through the break in, I messed around with a 96 Vette, 2002 Mustang GT, G35, and a Mazdaspeed6.

Anyway it was kind of ridiculous how much people wanted to race. Do you guys have the same thing happening to you in your WRXs, or more specifically 2011s?

The car is stock btw (except for kartboy sts and bushings )... so its not like the car is loud and drawing attention from that.
    Uhm... well i just picked up my all stock 2004 WRX wagon... and I have only had this happen to me once... it was a '99 Civic Si Turbo... heh. BYE! it wasnt hard. lol

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Of course I go to lunch and some kid in a DSM Eclipse painted flat black with a giant fart cannon on the back tried really hard to race me...in traffic.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Of course I go to lunch and some kid in a DSM Eclipse painted flat black with a giant fart cannon on the back tried really hard to race me...in traffic.

i have one of three wrxs in town. mine draws a little more attention due to being wrb with gold wheels but EVERYONE tries to race me all the time. it's annoying.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sycknight_ryda View Post

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast