First to Subaru's but not Cars!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First to Subaru's but not Cars! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone, My name is Brian and I just picked up a 2009 Subaru WRX Hatch Premium! Love the car, ...

Exclamation First to Subaru's but not Cars!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Brian and I just picked up a 2009 Subaru WRX Hatch Premium! Love the car, and it actually goes better than I thought (feel sorry for the 2008 owners with the 40HP increase, re-tuned suspension and all, :\)... But anyways, I am new to the Subaru side of things, however not cars... I guess I had to go through some other vehicles before I found that I am quite content with this! My other vehicles were: 2006 Mustang GT, 2010 Lancer GTS, 2006 Eclipse GT, and a 2008 Equinox.

Now, a question for the experienced members here... These are the first mods (in order) I am looking at doing, any feedback?

- HIDS (Thinking a DDM 55watt kit)
    - Tint
    - Invidia/SPT turbo-back exhaust
    - Perrin DV
    - Injen CAI (after winter)
    - Then tune it at an AWD dyno (which I don't know of one around here...)
    - Then possibly upgrade to an STi turbo... and buy a Cobb access port.. But not 100% sure yet.

Anyways! Thanks hope to be an active member here.
    Last edited by WRX_Junky; 10-01-2011 at 07:33 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you're new to tuning Subaru's and want a decent power increase, its best to go the Accessport Stage route. We offer affordable packages to get you started...check out my signature for a link.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Welcome! My feedback...

1)Make sure you get a quality HID retrofit

2)I'd research the Intake a little more, Injen are difficult to tune for (I would setup a tuner before buying an intake and go on their recommendation)

3)STI turbo isn't worth the money and won't get you any more power than the turbo you already have.

You will need a tune when you install the turbo-back exhaust and intake so before purchasing them you should first research your tuning options (COBB Acessport or protune) then go from there. There's a lot of info on this site, if you know what your goal is, there is tons of info on how to get there and if you can't find what you're looking for, just ask
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    To add, if you want a cold air intake, the accessport supports AEM's cold air intake system.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Thanks for the helpful feedback, if I get the exhaust put on and wait a bit on the tune will that hurt the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Junky View Post
    Thanks for the helpful feedback, if I get the exhaust put on and wait a bit on the tune will that hurt the vehicle?
    Yes, don't do that. The catback portion would be fine but the down pipe needs to be tuned for.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Okay, thanks.

Also, for HID's I was thinking a DDM 55w kit..

Any other feedback from other members?

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Junky View Post
    Also, for HID's I was thinking a DDM 55w kit..
    Hmm...
    #1 First make sure you do a full retrofit of your HID's. The stock halogen projector will not cut it and you'll end up with an incorrect beam pattern (Others please chime in for retrofit links).
    #2 35w HID's is more than 4x more light than a 55w halogen bulb. OEM's use 35w. You'll just end up blinding everyone on the road with a 55w(please be courteous of others).
    #3 DDM does not produce quality HID's. They're more knock offs of the real thing.

*EDIT*

Found one of the more legitimate source for HID retrofits. You'll need to get proper HID projectors.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
    Last edited by KHP; 10-02-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.