2011 WRX order impossible??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX order impossible?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First, let me say hello, and thanks in advance for answering this and what is sure to be many more ...

2011 WRX order impossible??

First, let me say hello, and thanks in advance for answering this and what is sure to be many more questions in the future. I'm looking in to trading in my 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track for a 2011 WRX. I've been making the rounds to get quotes from a few dealers and got a questionable response from one of them. When I told them that I would be ordering the configuration I want, I was told:

"Subaru has moved into the 2012 model year production schedule. We can't place a 2011 vehicle to build anymore. Pricing has not been released for the 2012 WRX. Sold orders for the WRX will be scheduled in November. That is when we can place a 2012 WRX vehicle for you. "

I'm trying to figure out if this is just a dealer trying to do a money-grab to either sell the stock they have or get me buying a newer (and probably higher priced) model. Or is it true that Subaru is no longer taking orders from dealers? I was told just 2 days ago by another dealer that ordering one would not be an issue, but this may also just be a way to pull the old bait and switch; get me in there with the promise of one thing, and then tell me "oh, we can't get the 11's any more, but here's the order form for a 12 for slightly more".

Any insight appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have heard from more than a few people here that they have stopped taking orders for the '11 and '12s are a couple months out still. I don't think they were lying to you.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Order slightly more for 2012's right? they can only assume the 2012's will be more and as far as I know from my dealer they have also stopped 2011 orders as of last month and they are waiting for more info on the 2012's before resuming orders. At this point in the model year I agree there would be slim to no chance of ordering a 2011 how you want it.

But it doesn't mean the dealer can;t find you one somewhere to your liking if they really want to sell a car, where do you live?
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Yep. I confirmed it. Can't order 11 and don't know the price of 12. Stuck in Limbo. Now I either have to compromise on what I want in the car, or wait and pay more. I had paperwork guaranteeing invoice across the board including options for a 2011. Now the '12 will be Inv. + $500. Turns out it was my second postulation: Bait and switch. He knew 2 days ago that this was the case, and told me otherwise. I really dislike dealerships insulting my intelligence.

I'm in Albuquerque, NM btw. Small market with dealers that know most won't make the drive to avoid getting raped. I drove 10hrs to save $7k on my GC. I'll do it again if I have to.

I tried ordering one from one of the local dealers and they said they couldn't order me one. They said they could just sell what was sent to them. Luckily, another dealer in the area had one coming in that was exactly what I was trying to order.

Same as above. They only sold what they had and wouldn't take orders for 2011's or 2012's at this point in time. (I just purchased mine about 2 weeks ago.)

okay, it seems that what i've been hearing from people is true. So is it because they're going to the 2012's or is it because of the national disaster that happened to japan? When will we be able to place orders for the 2011's again if it's cause of the tsunami? If it's because of the 2012s, when will we be able to see those? There are still some 2011's at the dealership here in vegas but sadly they don't have the one I want and they're the only dealership in the whole city. This news is very disappointing
    Last edited by RamenShogun; 10-14-2011 at 11:06 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    The new body impreza for 2012 held the same retail price as the 2011 body. In my opinion I'd order a twelve in a few weeks.. Your already there time wise, in the end the 12 will be worth more than the 11 beings its a year Newer

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

No, there is still plenty of stock at Subaru's port of entry in Quonsett, RI. Subaru has a mini-factory there that can reconfigure the cars they have in stock to match orders. Dealers can still place orders for 2011's as long as they haven't gone through their allotment.

I was thinking about just going ahead and doing that. But idk what the 2012s will look like and i'm afraid they won't look as good as the 11's lol

There will be no changes to the 2012 WRX's aside from Plasma Blue being a new color option. The car's are the same, they won't look any different.

2012's should look exactly like the 2011's.. subaru's trend as of the last 10 years or so is to change the body style every two years. Given the 11's are different from the 10's you've got another model year safely before worrying about a body style change.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Why would you want a 2011 order anyway if you can get a 2012 for the same price if not cheaper? Financially that makes absolutely zero sense.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Why would you want a 2011 order anyway if you can get a 2012 for the same price if not cheaper? Financially that makes absolutely zero sense.
    Why would buying a 2012 make more sense financially?

There are minor differences in trim, such as silver headlight bezel instead of black. You may be able to get a better deal on 2012 because 2011 are so scarce. It hasn't been possible to order a 2011 for a while.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast