2011 WRX order impossible?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX order impossible?? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Annihilator817 Why would buying a 2012 make more sense financially? Because of depreciation. Ordering a year older ...

Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    Why would buying a 2012 make more sense financially?
    Because of depreciation. Ordering a year older vehicle guarantees a vehicle that's worth less than a year newer model. Simple car economics.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Annihilator817 View Post
    Why would buying a 2012 make more sense financially?
    When you resell the car it will be a model year newer and that will make some difference at that time......Steve
    Ferrari F430/BMW X5 M/Need a Hot hatch!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that they won't be changing the body styles.

Why would you want a 2011 order anyway if you can get a 2012 for the same price if not cheaper? Financially that makes absolutely zero sense.
    Because i didn't know that they're keeping the same style. I'm in love with the current body styling and i was worried that they would change during 2012. This would be my first subie so I'm not very familiar with the company's manufacturing habits. Like what mangostick said about subaru changing their cars appearance every other year. If they do make minor changes I hope they aren't too dramatic.

BTW guys how do i subscribe to threads on this website? I'm trying to subscribe to this one so every time someone posts I'll get notified on here w/o having to go to my email.

There's a long thread about the differences in trim at
    2012 WRX/STI Changes - NASIOC

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Why would you want a 2011 order anyway if you can get a 2012 for the same price if not cheaper? Financially that makes absolutely zero sense.
    This.

The 2012's are exactly the same as the '11s minus a few little minor, minor changes. It makes WAY more sense to buy a '12.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Banned
    I recently ordered a 2012 from my local dealer. They still don't have photos or marketing materials, but they do have pricing. Delivery is supposed to be mid Nov - December.

Mine got shipped to my dealer today!!!!! She's my first Subaru and I couldn't be more excited to pick her up thursday after work!!

Although when I was shopping I also got the whole shpeal about short supply of cars because of the tsunami. It was four weeks ago to the day I was in there signing papers at the dealer. It just so happened that there was the exact model I wanted already on the next shipment of subys on its way to Canada. Its a base hatch DGM. LONGEST MONTH OF MY LIFE.

Not trying to rub it in or anything, just overly excited and feel like I have to tell the world lol....

Good luck!

Banned
    Congrats, Banfield! I saw that they were available in Canada first. I ordered the exact same thing base hatch DGM, but added fog lights and a couple interior goodies. Post a photo on this thread when you get it. I'm wondering about any wheel changes (heard the center may be different), stitching changes to the seats, and dash is supposed to be improved with a better audio console.

Quote Originally Posted by RamenShogun View Post
    BTW guys how do i subscribe to threads on this website? I'm trying to subscribe to this one so every time someone posts I'll get notified on here w/o having to go to my email.
    It's very easy just go to "Thread Tools" above the first post on the page and there's a link to subscribe. Then on your profile page it'll list all your subscribed threads.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Oops sorry I should've specified, it's a 2011 lol

The dealership in my city told me the 2012's will be coming in 45 days woot woot! I'm so relieved to know that they'll be keeping the same body style. Did you notice any differences cost wise with the 2011 vs the 2012? Did they increase a bit?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks teflon_jones

Banned
    I'm not positive what 2012 MSRP will be, but what I'm paying is less than the 2011 MSRP.

you bought a WRX or an STI and which trim did you go with?

Banned
    WRX 5 door base. Added fog lights - to make it accelerate faster, of course.

And it was cheaper with the add on?
    ah yes fog lights it's like having 2 extra turbos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast