Impressions after 1 month
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Impressions after 1 month within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well its been (almost) a month since I picked up my 2011 5-Door WRX and I have just crossed that ...

Impressions after 1 month

Well its been (almost) a month since I picked up my 2011 5-Door WRX and I have just crossed that 1,000 mile hurdle! I thought I would post some initial impressions

- I'm loving the power! Coming from a 98 Mercury Tracer this has obviously been quite noticeable. I love opening her up and feeling that turbo kick in. This will also be the first winter where I say bring on the snow! Looking forward to testing out that AWD!

- As everyone has said, the stereo leaves a little to be desired but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I like how it plays nice with my iPhone.

- This is my first manual car so it was a little rough in the beginning but I'm getting the hang of it. Shifts are smoother and less jerky and stalls are fewer and farther in between. I installed the Kartboy STS with bushings at 400 miles and its helped a lot. It took me all of those 1,000 miles to feel comfortable but I'm no longer a nervous wreck at every traffic light.

- I want to punch that hill assist right in its stupid face! It helped in the beginning but now its becoming a pain in the ass. Why does it engage when I go from reverse to 1st when I'm backing out of a parking spot?!?!?! It makes the process take longer as I wait for it to disengage and I have stalled on more than one occasion because of it.

Overall I'm more than happy with my purchase. Its a beautiful car! The WRX community has been great and I'm proud that I'm apart of it now!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It all comes down to if the car puts a smile on your face
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Ear to Ear!

This is my first manual car too, and I'm coming from an 06 Civic. I'm still stalling often (just got it yesterday) but when I shift it right, I get all giddy and can't help but smile either.

Quote Originally Posted by SpekN9ne View Post
    Well its been (almost) a month since I picked up my 2011 5-Door WRX and I have just crossed that 1,000 mile hurdle! I thought I would post some initial impressions

- I'm loving the power! Coming from a 98 Mercury Tracer this has obviously been quite noticeable. I love opening her up and feeling that turbo kick in. This will also be the first winter where I say bring on the snow! Looking forward to testing out that AWD!

- As everyone has said, the stereo leaves a little to be desired but it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. I like how it plays nice with my iPhone.

- This is my first manual car so it was a little rough in the beginning but I'm getting the hang of it. Shifts are smoother and less jerky and stalls are fewer and farther in between. I installed the Kartboy STS with bushings at 400 miles and its helped a lot. It took me all of those 1,000 miles to feel comfortable but I'm no longer a nervous wreck at every traffic light.

- I want to punch that hill assist right in its stupid face! It helped in the beginning but now its becoming a pain in the ass. Why does it engage when I go from reverse to 1st when I'm backing out of a parking spot?!?!?! It makes the process take longer as I wait for it to disengage and I have stalled on more than one occasion because of it.

Overall I'm more than happy with my purchase. Its a beautiful car! The WRX community has been great and I'm proud that I'm apart of it now!
    You sound exactly like myself haha. We got the same color and model too. I had a white 2011 sedan lined up next to my WRB hatch and i last minute decided to go with the hatch and couldn't be happier. Blue is such a loud color compared to my old standard grey i had on my previous car but it's so much fun and gets a lot of looks and thumbs up surprisingly. I'm glad you are enjoying it as much as i am. I just hit 1,000 miles yesterday as well

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by SpekN9ne View Post
    This will also be the first winter where I say bring on the snow! Looking forward to testing out that AWD!
    Just make sure you get a good set of winter tires. Subaru has an awesome AWD system, but it's completely useless in snow/ice with the OEM summer tires.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    Just make sure you get a good set of winter tires. Subaru has an awesome AWD system, but it's completely useless in snow/ice with the OEM summer tires.
    Absolutely! Getting a set of steelys to compliment the stow tires

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.