New Guy

This is a discussion on New Guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's up guys. I don't know what you all want to know about me, but short bio is, I've been ...

Registered User HansJibbleforth's Avatar

New Guy

What's up guys.
    I don't know what you all want to know about me, but short bio is, I've been working in the car industry since I was 14, and am currently working at a BMW center as a parts advisor. I drive a POS 2000 Camry, which I hope to get rid of ASAP. The car I want to upgrade to is the newest generation WRX/STI. I'm hoping you all have some useful information for me, so I can be the most informed when I go to purchase/lease a WRX. I have tapatalk so I will be putting this forum on my phone and I will start becoming a more active member, hopefully.

I figured I'd keep this more towards my car and my car interests, aside from my boring everyday likes and dislikes.

Catch you around,
    Hans

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Well you can certainly learn alot from the people on this forum. Also, welcome to this forum and good luck trying to sell the POS

Welcome to the site

Registered User HansJibbleforth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    Welcome and purchase, no lease.
    Thing is, I don't have the down payment to afford a new one, or else I would totally buy a new one, hence the lease. If I buy, it would mean used, and working at a dealer I know plenty of horror stories about used cars.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I upgraded from a POS 1996 Saturn so I know how that feels. Are you looking at getting an '11 or '12?

Quote Originally Posted by HansJibbleforth View Post
    Thing is, I don't have the down payment to afford a new one, or else I would totally buy a new one, hence the lease. If I buy, it would mean used, and working at a dealer I know plenty of horror stories about used cars.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    You do not have to put a down payment on a new car hell I have never put anything down on any of my cars. But you do have to put some cash down on a lease.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum!

If you need any parts or have any questions, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Welcome...

I reciently got a job as a service advisor for a Mazda dealer and have been in the auto industry for a total of 9 years... I'd say purchase versus the lease, no sense in making payments on a car you won't own IMHO and why not look into a lightly used 09 or 10 with less then 20k miles? You should be able to find one for about 4-5k less then msrp of a new one (assuming the interest rate isnt much higher)...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

and not to mention, dont dare go over the given mileage on a lease, and this car will be so fun to drive it wouldn't be hard going over.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #619

I Support ClubWRX
    No kidding... I've had mine for a little under a month and already have over 3k on it. I did road trip it from Napa down to LA to see my woman though.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.402967,-122.359737