New Colorado WRX Driver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Colorado WRX Driver within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey y'all! Just picked up my 2011 WRX 5-door (dark grey metallic) a week ago today! I live in North ...

New Colorado WRX Driver

Hey y'all! Just picked up my 2011 WRX 5-door (dark grey metallic) a week ago today! I live in North Denver but bought her in Colorado Springs. Got her for $200 over invoice (which makes me happy) and I haven't looked back!

I came from a 2003 Mazda Protege5 which I loved for handling but hated for power! I've been eyeing the WRX since 2002 and finally made my dream a reality. Excited to get to know you folks and hopefully there is internet in the dog house because I'm pretty sure The Wife™ wasn't super excited I got the WRX. Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome and congrats! Pictures?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks! ...and yeah... I definitely want to get some taken and put up soon! Hopefully tomorrow/Friday!

hola and congrats on the car

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Pic of my new baby!!

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice! Check out Colorado Member's Forum
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Rep! I've dropped a line in there! Thx for the heads up.

may I ask what you paid(invoice) before taxes and such. Also was it base, premium, or limited?

Sure... It's a base model with weak options (Subwoofer, Homelink/Compass Mirror, and AllWeather Mats). I paid $25,500. Invoice was $25,280 (IIRC). Hindsight I should've tried to go lower. I told them that I wasn't going to buy it unless they could get to $25.5. I played the "My Wife will only let me spend $25.5" card. I should've said $25! Haha. Oh well... the biggest thing is that I'm happy with my purchase and I think that ~$200 over invoice is a fair price. No buyers remorse at all!!

ok thanks! Reason I ask is local salesman told me they don't budge on price with WRX or STI. My plan is to have other dealers compete against each other. At least you got a few add-ons in the deal too.

They (dealers in general) will feed you so full of bull your eyes will turn brown. Don't believe them. Start to walk and they will change their tune. My last car I got the guy to drop $4.5k... I truly wasn't planning on buying it, just wanted to test drive, and as I was walking out he lowered the price enough for me to go ahead and buy it! Haha.

Regarding dealers competing/lowering prices... while I was negotiating with the dealer I got a quote via email from another dealer for a red wagon @$25,100... I informed them of that and said "I'd be happy to drive a red one for $400!" (Hey, if they can lie, so can I!) Anyway, I don't know if that helped any but they eventually came down to my price. In Colorado they can't seem to keep these on the lot... I think that problem is exacerbated the rumor that (according to Wikipedia at least) the 2011 will be the most limited production WRX ever due to the Tsunami.

I was nervous that they wouldn't negotiate much either because they sell so easily but you have to remember that they have the opportunity to sell the car right then and there if you can agree on the price. They will ALWAYS work with you... and they will always tell you they don't budge on price! At least initally. Watch what happens when you start to walk out... Maybe ~$1000 off of sticker wasn't great negotiating but they met my highest acceptable price (even if I didn't meet their LAS) and so I considered it a success.

Oh, one other thing that I will bring up... don't let them fsck you in financing. I knew that Subaru was having a 1.9% financing deal (until Oct 3rd I think) and after agreeing upon the price said that I would like to apply for that special. They said no problem. When I got into financing the guy had all the papers lined up for me to go ahead and sign... as I started to sign them I asked "...and this is for the 1.9% financing incentive, right?" He was like "Oh, you wanted that?" Then proceeded to rip up the documents he had laid in front of me and produced a new set. Anyway, they try to make money anyway they can (don't we all) so make sure your guy is on the level!
    -Dan

I know they can negotiate, every other salesman I've talked to says they have more leeway with new cars. Hell I got my girl friends Sonota out the door for 22K with navi, started at 25K before taxes and all that.
    I told him I wasn't buying a car soon so that could be why, I know if they want my business they will play ball haha

w3rd. Sounds like you know what you're doing!

I've had practice, bought 4 cars(3 mine) before I was 22 haha. The Hyundai dealership was terrible service but I squeezed the guy for everything I could, found out from a friend at the Ford dealership beside them that my salesman and the finance manager got the axe about a month later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast