Aem boost gauge install question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aem boost gauge install question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I recently bought a AEM digital boost gauge and I was wondering where it is I tap into for ...

Aem boost gauge install question

So I recently bought a AEM digital boost gauge and I was wondering where it is I tap into for it to read the boost pressure, Is it the line that goes from the boost solenoid on the passenger side to the turbo, or do i tap the tee off line that already goes to the turbo or what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Tap the line off your BPV

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Does anyone have any detailed written instructions or a write-up with pictures? A video is nice but I would rather have something in hand that I can refer to.

This will be for a 2014 WRX installing the AEM boost gauge. I also will need instructions for the AEM air/fuel gauge as well.

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Does anyone have any detailed written instructions or a write-up with pictures? A video is nice but I would rather have something in hand that I can refer to.

This will be for a 2014 WRX installing the AEM boost gauge. I also will need instructions for the AEM air/fuel gauge as well.

It's not too difficult...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah but my installer was wanting to know specifically where to put the T splice at and other little details. They are great at electronics but have only done boost and air/fuel gauges for close friends and on their own vehicles. So they can do it but they would like some detailed instructions.

so i think they shouldnt be doing it on your car then.
    JOE
    2013 WRX DGM
    Stink Eye Mob #82

It doesn't make them less capable of being able to do it they just want some instructions. If you guys were going to install something you would probably want to know the best way to do it too.

If they can't handle " Splice it into the line coming from the BPV" as instructions, they have no need to be around a performance vehicle.

Since I have never done it before I didn't known how far to splice from the bypass. That was the question where to splice not how to do it. Just like where you put the bung for the O2 sensor on the downpipe can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by S20002STI View Post
    Since I have never done it before I didn't known how far to splice from the bypass. That was the question where to splice not how to do it. Just like where you put the bung for the O2 sensor on the downpipe can make a difference.
    In theory, there's just boost running through that hose. There's no temperature change, or anything you can "get too close to" so wherever you can splice, have it look nice, and easily get to your gauge, that's where you should splice it. I'm going to guess about 10" off the BPV Nipple would be prime location.

Great, Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.