New to forum; Need a lot of advice about 2011 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New to forum; Need a lot of advice about 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by teflon_jones Another consideration when choosing who to finance with is the dealer may get an incentive if ...

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Another consideration when choosing who to finance with is the dealer may get an incentive if you use their finance company, which means they may be willing to go even lower on the purchase price because they're making up the money elsewhere. There's lots of other good advice in this thread.

At the end of the day, the more you go back and forth, the lower the price usually gets. I paid $1000 under invoice on my STI after probably 10 back and forths.
    Thanks for the tip.

From what I've read, the most effective way to negotiate is to start low and work up from there, until you eventually reach what you think is a good deal for yourself. It seems like this might run the risk of low-balling the crap out of them, and turning off the salesman immediately. But then again, they want the sale pretty badly and will probably stick around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    The current low APR rate Subaru is offering for the WRX is only for 36 months. For loans from the dealers at greater than 36 months it was about 3.9%.
    Does this possibly depend on the dealer? I ask as I was quoted as 1.9% for 36, and 2.9% for 48/60/72. Then again, my quote was about 1 month ago.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    Does this possibly depend on the dealer? I ask as I was quoted as 1.9% for 36, and 2.9% for 48/60/72. Then again, my quote was about 1 month ago.
    Loan rates at the dealership are not set by Subaru or the dealer,but by Chase Auto Finance who provides the financing.The same finance rates have been in place for almost a year.At the time I bought last September 1.9% was for 24 months.

Definitely shop around.

The mentioned rates are only for those with an excellent credit score.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

when i got mine, i was lucky enough to get 0% for 60 months from the dealer. not sure if they messed up or not, but it was a surprise when i went to sign the financing paperwork.

Sign me up for 0%.. That's pretty ridiculous. I was quoted at 2.9% for five years. But I have excellent credit so maybe I'll be able to talk them down a little from that. Have shopped around to five financial institutions and they couldn't touch 2.9%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.