2011 WRX Keys

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Keys within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Why do we get a key and a remote (both fat) when the outback drivers get a key with an ...

2011 WRX Keys

Why do we get a key and a remote (both fat) when the outback drivers get a key with an integrated remote? I am a minimalist when it comes to keys. It seems absolutely ridiculous to have two separate items. Does everyone have a remote and key, or did I get jipped somehow?
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got a key and a remote. Don't really mind it one bit since I've always had something like that... since we are on the topics of keys I'd pose a question. Is it possible to get a keyless starter for manual transmissions (obviously in particularly to the wrx 2011)? I've never heard of it before and was wondering if there was a reason on why I haven't.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a hard time getting the key & fob in my skinny jeans
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

You can't get a keyless starter for a MT because you would have to be sure that you leave the car in neutral every time, also there would need to be a way to have the clutch pedal pressed in since every late model MT car has it so the engine will not start without the clutch pedal engaged. As for the key and keyless remote in one, a buddy has a 05 Forester where he got the all-in-one key/remote for an extra charge through a local Subaru dealer but is not that crazy about it cause the "range on it sucks" (his words, not mine). So it is possible to get an all-in-one key made for you WRX, but it will cost you.
    2011 DGM 4dr WRX Premium - His
    2011 DGM 2.5X Premium Forester - Hers
    2002 Nissan Altima blew engine.
    1999 Mitsu Eclipse GST - rear-ended & totaled out.
    1993 Mitsu Eclipse GS - traded in for GST.

Stink-Eye Mob #94

I Support ClubWRX
    There are self starts available for MTs.There is an exit procedure you have to perform each time you shut off the car,if you want to activate self start.But it is possible.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    There are self starts available for MTs.There is an exit procedure you have to perform each time you shut off the car,if you want to activate self start.But it is possible.
    I thought that there might be, guess I should have google'd it before responding.
    2011 DGM 4dr WRX Premium - His
    2011 DGM 2.5X Premium Forester - Hers
    2002 Nissan Altima blew engine.
    1999 Mitsu Eclipse GST - rear-ended & totaled out.
    1993 Mitsu Eclipse GS - traded in for GST.

Stink-Eye Mob #94

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I would be interested, if it doesn't cost a fortune to swap out my key and fob for just a key/fob. I agree that its simpler and easier to use.

Oh well at least I got my "chirps" disabled...I mean way to say "Mr. Stalker/Attacker I've just unlocked my car if you didn't already see by the lights flashing you HEARD it too!!!"
    2011 Plasma Blue STi 5-door

Thanks for the info about the remote start.