Still Hunting.

This is a discussion on Still Hunting. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Came across an ad for an 04 STi. After checking craigslist moring noon and night every week day for a ...

Still Hunting.

Came across an ad for an 04 STi. After checking craigslist moring noon and night every week day for a month. This ad was posted at 4:30 this evening I called around 6:00 and got a shut off phone with a message saying "Hi this Scott, sorry I missed your call I am out of the office for this week, and will return monday" I left a message, sent a txt and have been trying to call back every so often. My question to you all is, Is this too good to be ture?

2004 Subaru WRX STI - Fast! Need GONE!!!!

2004 Subaru WRX STI - Fast! Need GONE!!!! - $8000 (Tichigan)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-09-22, 4:29PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-mbdsy-2612189420@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2004 subaru wrx Sti
    6 speed
    2.5 turbo

clean title no accidents
    motor is completely stock and never tampered with, boosted to 20PSI

the Stock BBS wheels
    Blacked out headlights
    carbon fiber dash kit
    very expensive Winter tires come on the car also
    brand new battery
    New Stage 3 ACT Clutch.

car is amazing but i need to sell it becaue im having a baby... Call or text anytime 262-902-9041.

asking $8000 OBO!!!!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2612189420

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Too good a price, contradictions in description. For a second or third time Impreza owner it could be worthwhile. This would not be my first Impreza.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also, that looks like a 2005. Also note the lime green accents...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah I was thinking about the scoop and wing.

If its a real sale I will snag it up, Im having a hard time finding a decent non STi.

Looks like the pic was taken at a meet of sorts, anyone know who's cars these are? Plate on the blue one says DIM3S.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

Way too cheap a price, even for one with that high mileage. On the other hand, it does actually appear to have a Wisconsin plate on it. It's rare a scammer would get that accurate.

How is the motor completely stock and never tampered with, yet the car pushes 20 pounds of boost and has a stage 3 clutch? Maybe the poster figures changing the turbo and exhaust and intake and IC and clutch and tune but not actually changing the internals means the engine has never been tampered with?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Guy at the other end of the phone number isnt selling a STi. must been a prank.