New 2011 lightning red WRX owner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on New 2011 lightning red WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys just got my WRX base sedan last week. I absolutly love it... I've already got a couple things ...

New 2011 lightning red WRX owner

Hey guys just got my WRX base sedan last week. I absolutly love it... I've already got a couple things going on the car in the next couple weeks, first are some rally armor mudflaps, then I'll be going to get some 35% tints on all the doors nd 20% for the rear window, and a WRX spoiler. I want to do a few mods after winter like an exhaust, intake, tune and a short throw shifter but I'm a little worried about the dealer voiding my warranty. So what can I get away with doing while keeping my warranty? Also im looking into getting the 3inch magnaflow exhaust, COBB sf intake and accessport and the kartboy SS nd bushings, if anyone has any input on any of those i would really appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you want to keep your warranty don't do anything to the engine, exhaust, intake or turbo. You will have enough trouble trying to get them to honor the warranty on a stock car much less a modded car. Welcome to the site and I love the red you should look at gold rims on red cars it looks awesome.

Thanks, the red with gold rims does look good but I think im gonna go with some nice dark wheels like Enkeis or O.Z.s. Do you think the dealer would say anything about the short shifter or is it more with the engine mods?

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    If you want to keep your warranty don't do anything to the engine, exhaust, intake or turbo. You will have enough trouble trying to get them to honor the warranty on a stock car much less a modded car. Welcome to the site and I love the red you should look at gold rims on red cars it looks awesome.
    explain that? OP they can't void the warranty only refuse the claim if they can prove your mods have directly caused the issue. that being said you take a chance even doing your suspension? if something goes wrong and they blame the sways they can deny that claim as well.

BTW the red is a great color glad you like the car so far.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

So what you're saying is that if something went wrong with something on the car and I bring it in they can refuse the clam if I have any mods having to do with that part? With the tune can they tell if you've had the tune if you reset it to stock? Cuz I've heard that it only shows up that the battery was unhookd, is that true?
    Thanks I love the red

Quote Originally Posted by 2011REDREX View Post
    So what you're saying is that if something went wrong with something on the car and I bring it in they can refuse the clam if I have any mods having to do with that part? With the tune can they tell if you've had the tune if you reset it to stock? Cuz I've heard that it only shows up that the battery was unhookd, is that true?
    That is a debate some people say you can and other say you can't prove. there was a thread explaining how the can prove it but most dealers don't have the knowledge or tools to phyically find out, I think the thread was BS. but yes someone might post the warranty link regarding mods I dont have a copy but, any mod on the car after you purchased it if they can prove direct cause that the part caused the issue they can deny it. most dealers are cool. I have a OS stage 1 and my dealer is cool on pretty on stage 1 and stage 2. once I go past stage 2 they said it becomes a huge gray area. Also I have only heard but STP parts that do not come on the car from the factory and are installed after will not be covered under the warranty. never checked though cause the KB SS is nicer and cheper.

Most people on here have never had a issue, some have, bext thing is ask your dealer what their stand is on mods, easiest way to find out. Don't get all scared about modding till you find out from your dealer I was same way till they were cool with it. plus they have Cobb gear all over the place and offer cobb stage 1-2 install at my dealer which is cool.

Thanks for the quick response I'll definatly have to ask my dealer.. I should be going down there in the next few days to get my plates so I'll ask then and see how it goes... hopefully they'll be fine with most of it so I can get started

yea be nice about it, make sure you follow the break in period too as well. ask them how the feel about mods and i'm sure they will ask what you want to do and hopefully give you a clear answer. luckily both dealers in my area are cool and one dealer owns our local subi board so helps even more.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.Congratulations.You will eventually learn to ignore the warranty.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    +1 tony lol

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Thanks... and thats what I figure lol, just want to put my mind at ease while I am still thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    That is a debate some people say you can and other say you can't prove. there was a thread explaining how the can prove it but most dealers don't have the knowledge or tools to phyically find out, I think the thread was BS.
    This is the answer you are looking for about whether a dealer can tell

To answer the age old question.. can a Subaru tech tell if you reflash the stock map?

As far as being BS, I worked for Subaru for a few years, I have quite a few friends in the industry.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    This is the answer you are looking for about whether a dealer can tell

To answer the age old question.. can a Subaru tech tell if you reflash the stock map?

As far as being BS, I worked for Subaru for a few years, I have quite a few friends in the industry.
    Ok see that makes more sense the thread I read which I think was on WRXtuner or Nasioc was totally different and said they could directly find out at the dealer, which I was told was wrong. so me saying BS was refeering to my thread not that they can;t find out if it was tuned. thanks for the link though.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    That is a debate some people say you can and other say you can't prove. there was a thread explaining how the can prove it but most dealers don't have the knowledge or tools to phyically find out, I think the thread was BS. but yes someone might post the warranty link regarding mods I dont have a copy but, any mod on the car after you purchased it if they can prove direct cause that the part caused the issue they can deny it. most dealers are cool. I have a OS stage 1 and my dealer is cool on pretty on stage 1 and stage 2. once I go past stage 2 they said it becomes a huge gray area. Also I have only heard but STP parts that do not come on the car from the factory and are installed after will not be covered under the warranty. never checked though cause the KB SS is nicer and cheper.

Most people on here have never had a issue, some have, bext thing is ask your dealer what their stand is on mods, easiest way to find out. Don't get all scared about modding till you find out from your dealer I was same way till they were cool with it. plus they have Cobb gear all over the place and offer cobb stage 1-2 install at my dealer which is cool.
    Damn and all this time I thought SOA does the warranty not the dealer. Hell if I was your dealer I would tell you all day every day to put as much on your car as you want and then when something breaks I would put it in the shop and let SOA make the call rather to charge you are not.

while they easily could but quite a few guys do work their and the service manager is a big STI guy has had quite a few built ones, so he tends to help guys out. He did stress of being stupid and modding wrong and **** goes wrong you SOL. CAI not tune etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast