New 2011 lightning red WRX owner - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on New 2011 lightning red WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey man welcome to the forum and awesome color the red is so nice! if i can throw my 2 ...

hey man welcome to the forum and awesome color the red is so nice! if i can throw my 2 cents in i would not get the wrx wing for it, the wingless look is so much nicer in my opinion and when i see the wing on the wrx's now i really don't like it as much. When i first bought the car i was like i need the wing i need the wing but i couldn't find one that i wanted and settle without it and now i love it so before you change it give it some time to set in and really think about it cause going back to wingless is gonna require you to a. swap trunks with someone or b. have the wing removed and the holes filled and repainted.
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    explain that? OP they can't void the warranty only refuse the claim if they can prove your mods have directly caused the issue. that being said you take a chance even doing your suspension? if something goes wrong and they blame the sways they can deny that claim as well.

BTW the red is a great color glad you like the car so far.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NEWB..... Welcome to Subaru, you drive that car off the lot and look at the service manager wrong and your warranty could be as good as void.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    hey man welcome to the forum and awesome color the red is so nice! if i can throw my 2 cents in i would not get the wrx wing for it, the wingless look is so much nicer in my opinion and when i see the wing on the wrx's now i really don't like it as much. When i first bought the car i was like i need the wing i need the wing but i couldn't find one that i wanted and settle without it and now i love it so before you change it give it some time to set in and really think about it cause going back to wingless is gonna require you to a. swap trunks with someone or b. have the wing removed and the holes filled and repainted.
    First off I just wanna say great looking car, and I think I'm gona leave it for now to see if it grows on me especialy with people trying to charge me 600 bucks to put it on!! I'd much rather save that money for other things that would let me have some more fun with the car than just getting a peice of plastic put ont the back.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA NEWB..... Welcome to Subaru, you drive that car off the lot and look at the service manager wrong and your warranty could be as good as void.
    LOL me NEWB really? to bad the service manager can't "VOID" anything only SOA can deny a claim there is no such thing as a void which the service manager has no control over.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

LOL me NEWB really? to bad the service manager can't "VOID" anything only SOA can deny a claim there is no such thing as a void which the service manager has no control over.
    In reality, the Service manager has all the control. SOA goes by what the Manager tells them about the car and if he/she doesn't feel like fixing it for whatever reason, they could easily persuade SOA to deny a claim. I've seen it both ways a number of times.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Where are the pictures......I demand pictures!!!!! ........Steve
    Ferrari F430/BMW X5 M/Need a Hot hatch!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    In reality, the Service manager has all the control. SOA goes by what the Manager tells them about the car and if he/she doesn't feel like fixing it for whatever reason, they could easily persuade SOA to deny a claim. I've seen it both ways a number of times.
    Ok but he is saying VOID not deny, I know that it is quite easy to deny a claim based off a service manager but he cannot VOID the warranty totally, if a service manager give you trouble you go to another dealer. I'm not disputing the Deny at all, I was saying the VOID he claimed.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    From what I've read around the forums one of Torque's cars was flagged because of some mods & he was denied warranty claims.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Ok but he is saying VOID not deny, I know that it is quite easy to deny a claim based off a service manager but he cannot VOID the warranty totally, if a service manager give you trouble you go to another dealer. I'm not disputing the Deny at all, I was saying the VOID he claimed.
    Fair enough, not totally void the warranty. The issue that may come up is that if a claim was denied on the word of one manager, bringing the same claim to another dealer and getting it accepted is not easy to do.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    My 2005 STi with an HKS Hi-Power exhaust went into my local Subaru dealership after my spoiler mysteriously broke, they "denied" my warranty claim. I didn't like the wing anyway, took it to the body shop and had the million holes welded up and repainted the back end. Few months and 11,000 miles later my car makes a slight ticking noise, took the car into the same dealership-stock this time- and was told my warranty did not exhist.. After contacting SoA they told me that a few months prior they had been contacted regarding a cat back exhaust installed on my car making extra vibrations to the car resulting in my OEM spoiler to break. The service manager had voiced his concerns and the VIN had been black listed. 0 warranty.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

This is why I don't worry about a warranty to much red tape and its not worth getting upset over.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.