Dealer says that I cannot order a WRX my way - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Dealer says that I cannot order a WRX my way within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my 6'8" friend loves his 02 sedan lol... he fits fine.....

I Support ClubWRX
    my 6'8" friend loves his 02 sedan lol... he fits fine..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    It's not the extra weight, it's the lowered roofline, because of the sunroof my STi has about an 1.5" less headroom than a Wrx/STi without a sunroof.. With my Height, I could use the extra room.. With it being so hot here I really never use it anyway.
    I used to have a friend that had a moonroof in his WRX... I hit my head on it. I'm only 5'11". But there's plenty of room in mine (sans moonroof)
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I recline my seat enough or adjust it to where my hair is hitting the roof, but atleast my head isnt..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by F430 View Post
    The common denominator is that we are car nutz, so all is good. I am pondering my next addition and I am in love with the 997.2 GT3 RS for track use so who knows I might get that or a 360 CS.

I just need business to stay good. I hope for all our sakes we don't double dip into recession!
    I'd definitely get the GT3RS. It's not because I'm a Porsche guy because the CS cars also kick butt. The new GT3RS is the best streetable racecar Porsche has ever made.

And we are heading into a double dip. I work for IHS and you probably hear our Global Insight division quoted a lot in the news, and that's the message across the board. I predicted it myself even with my lowly bachelor's of econ a couple of years ago. It's the second wave of the housing crisis that's really going to get it going. It's already started, but it's going to get much worse. It'll be the people that are upper middle class that bought in the high markets, but suffered job losses when the economy first went south. They've stretched their money but are now running out and the foreclosure rate is going to go way up again. This time around, it won't be cheap houses, it'll be many in the $500k-1.5m range.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Same height as you, but short inseam, tall torso.. The 02-07 body with moonroof, have you sat in one? In my 08-11s no big deal, so much more headroom, definitely not in the 07.. Oh well, I love the cars.
    Never sat in an 02-07 with moonroof, only my '04 STi that didn't have one. I had plenty of room in that car.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    I'm 6'2" and I have to recline my seat slightly to avoid hitting the roof. It's hard to imagine someone being 6'4" and there not being any issue at all in that regard. My '04 wagon had no sun roof and I had several inches of head room in that car. I'd prefer no moon roof, but the Limited comes with one whether you want it or not.
    I have absolutely no issues with my height or the sunroof in my car...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I'd definitely get the GT3RS. It's not because I'm a Porsche guy because the CS cars also kick butt. The new GT3RS is the best streetable racecar Porsche has ever made.

And we are heading into a double dip. I work for IHS and you probably hear our Global Insight division quoted a lot in the news, and that's the message across the board. I predicted it myself even with my lowly bachelor's of econ a couple of years ago. It's the second wave of the housing crisis that's really going to get it going. It's already started, but it's going to get much worse. It'll be the people that are upper middle class that bought in the high markets, but suffered job losses when the economy first went south. They've stretched their money but are now running out and the foreclosure rate is going to go way up again. This time around, it won't be cheap houses, it'll be many in the $500k-1.5m range.
    IMO, any double dip is being caused by the party of greed trying to kill off the middle class entirely (just look at Wisconsin, Ohio, etc. and the move to force middle class incomes much lower while giving HUGE tax breaks to the wealthy). If you have no money to spend, you can't spend it and that's the problem with corporations keeping huge profits and not wanting to share the wealth, so-to-speak (like lowering wages and/or moving jobs out of country and expecting a tax break to do it). The housing market at this point is largely a side effect. The more people lose houses the the bigger the glut on the market and the lower the prices will keep going. It doesn't matter how low the interest rates are if you have no job and no credit and your retirement was wiped out (while the same banks that caused much of this are making record profits now).

I have absolutely no issues with my height or the sunroof in my car...
    How long are your legs? It's probably dependent on torso height versus leg length in many cases. I wear 32" pants, for example at 6'2" (my seat is not all the way back). Someone who had 34-36" legs could probably have much more overall height with no head clearance issues and still have more room for their legs by moving the seat back all the way.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.