Dealer says that I cannot order a WRX my way - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Dealer says that I cannot order a WRX my way within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sorry man, did you build one on the website and search for it?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry man, did you build one on the website and search for it?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Sorry man, did you build one on the website and search for it?
    I did and after your post I went back and did it again and realized that the limited comes only in a 4 door. But no big deal, I can live with an optioned up STI........Steve
    Ferrari F430/BMW X5 M/Need a Hot hatch!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    What exact options are you looking for?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    What exact options are you looking for?
    I wanted the following: Leather-trimmed upholstery, Power moonroof, 18-inch BBS® aluminum-alloy wheels. Other things like 10" Inch sub, ST Shifter and bushing I can get on any model.......Steve

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate my moonroof...

Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    I hate my moonroof...
    I love moonroofs I keep my cars stock and dont track (n00b), so i like the added extras in-spite of the weight.
    "Don’t think of the WRX as 'STI Light'; instead, think of the STI as 'WRX Maximum'.” - Andrew Ganz

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan
    Owned: RS Clio 197 '09, Civic VTi '09, Ibiza Cupra '01, Civic Si '93, Laurel '82

Which dealer are you going to? I went to McLaughlin Motors in Moline, il (just across the Mississippi).. They were pretty nice and straight forwards.. Granted I bought a CPO 2010 WRX.. but not sure where in Iowa you are..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    I love moonroofs I keep my cars stock and dont track (n00b), so i like the added extras in-spite of the weight.
    It's not the extra weight, it's the lowered roofline, because of the sunroof my STi has about an 1.5" less headroom than a Wrx/STi without a sunroof.. With my Height, I could use the extra room.. With it being so hot here I really never use it anyway.

I had it my way at burger king sorry i couldnt resist hope you get the sti you want
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Do you have any pictures of the other cars? How long have you had them and what do you think of them?

I test drove an F430 but at the end of the day I like my 911 better. I also looked at the X5M but went with a G550 instead.
    I have always wanted a Ferrari and the F430 is more than I had dreamed it could be. It is just sex on wheels. The X5 M is just a crazy SAV, it does things that seem impossible from a handling and performance perspective, I just love it. The 05 NSX was one of my favorites. I need to find my X5 M pics.

As requested a few pics.......Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0535.jpg   DSC_0109.jpg   DSC_0108.jpg   LeftF.JPG  

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice.

And just thought you'd like to know that I just read that the 2012 models will be available at dealers from November,but you should be able to order before that.I had to wait exactly 3 months to get my car after ordering.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    Yeah I like having the ability to 1) let in fresh air without the noise or air movement of having a window open and 2) the open feeling of the car with one.

It's not the extra weight, it's the lowered roofline, because of the sunroof my STi has about an 1.5" less headroom than a Wrx/STi without a sunroof.. With my Height, I could use the extra room.. With it being so hot here I really never use it anyway.
    How tall are you? I'm 6'4 and I don't have any issues with headroom at all. And sunroofs are best where it's hot. You can crank your AC but still have it open and it doesn't exchange much air like having a window open does.

Quote Originally Posted by F430 View Post
    I have always wanted a Ferrari and the F430 is more than I had dreamed it could be. It is just sex on wheels. The X5 M is just a crazy SAV, it does things that seem impossible from a handling and performance perspective, I just love it. The 05 NSX was one of my favorites. I need to find my X5 M pics.

As requested a few pics.......Steve
    Cool thanks Steve. I've always wanted a Ferrari too, but I was really underwhelmed driving the 430. When the 360 came out I thought it was really cool looking, but it got dated fast. I thought the 430 was a good evolution of the 360 design, but it seemed to get dated fast too. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great looking car, but I honestly feel like the curves on my 911 just aged much better. The other thing that really got me in the 430 is you have very little rearward visibility. Now I know the saying you shouldn't be worrying about what's behind you in a Ferrari (or Porsche), but it's a little scary changing lanes in traffic.

Or maybe I'm just a Porsche guy... I don't know, one of these days it's likely I'll have a Ferrari in the garage, maybe a classic one.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Yeah I like having the ability to 1) let in fresh air without the noise or air movement of having a window open and 2) the open feeling of the car with one.

How tall are you? I'm 6'4 and I don't have any issues with headroom at all. And sunroofs are best where it's hot. You can crank your AC but still have it open and it doesn't exchange much air like having a window open does.

Cool thanks Steve. I've always wanted a Ferrari too, but I was really underwhelmed driving the 430. When the 360 came out I thought it was really cool looking, but it got dated fast. I thought the 430 was a good evolution of the 360 design, but it seemed to get dated fast too. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great looking car, but I honestly feel like the curves on my 911 just aged much better. The other thing that really got me in the 430 is you have very little rearward visibility. Now I know the saying you shouldn't be worrying about what's behind you in a Ferrari (or Porsche), but it's a little scary changing lanes in traffic.

Or maybe I'm just a Porsche guy... I don't know, one of these days it's likely I'll have a Ferrari in the garage, maybe a classic one.
    The common denominator is that we are car nutz, so all is good. I am pondering my next addition and I am in love with the 997.2 GT3 RS for track use so who knows I might get that or a 360 CS.

I just need business to stay good. I hope for all our sakes we don't double dip into recession!

I Support ClubWRX
    Same height as you, but short inseam, tall torso.. The 02-07 body with moonroof, have you sat in one? In my 08-11s no big deal, so much more headroom, definitely not in the 07.. Oh well, I love the cars.

I'm 6'2" and I have to recline my seat slightly to avoid hitting the roof. It's hard to imagine someone being 6'4" and there not being any issue at all in that regard. My '04 wagon had no sun roof and I had several inches of head room in that car. I'd prefer no moon roof, but the Limited comes with one whether you want it or not.

I just wanted leather and HID, although after living with HID, I'm sad to say I liked Halogen better since it projects further (even if dimly) without that eyelid thing cutting it off at a certain distance. I think a diffuser above a certain height would have been better than a stark cut-off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast