totaled
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on totaled within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So today I get on Facebook and see a post that states " After receiving numerous texts I just want ...

totaled

So today I get on Facebook and see a post that states " After receiving numerous texts I just want everyone to know that I am ok. However, the car is totaled." Of course he had purchased a 2011 STI brand new and wrecked it 4 days later! This did not come as a surprise because my buddy said that the kid was a reckless idiot that had no driving ability. Apparently he ended up hitting gravel on the road and the rest is history. I am not sure on speeds but no one was seriously injured, at least to my knowledge. Still very sad to see a car go so premature.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    What a loss... How did this kid afford a brand new 2011 STI to start with? How old is he? Did his parents buy it for him?

Makes me sad that some people buy these cars and just dump them on the side of the road several days later. $40,000 down the drain . There goes our insurance rates.
    Last edited by KHP; 09-19-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

As I stated before I am not really friends with the kid. I know a few people that went to school with him or knew of him. But from my understanding no one really knows how he could have afforded it. His parents are not wealthy enough to pay for it nor is he at the age of 19. So anybody's guess is as good as mine as to how he could possibly have sufficient funds to acquire the car. All I know is it is now resting in a junk yard somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvf4 View Post
    As I stated before I am not really friends with the kid. I know a few people that went to school with him or knew of him. But from my understanding no one really knows how he could have afforded it. His parents are not wealthy enough to pay for it nor is he at the age of 19. So anybody's guess is as good as mine as to how he could possibly have sufficient funds to acquire the car. All I know is it is now resting in a junk yard somewhere.
    Where exactly did he crash?

Getting grandma or pap to sign for the car is possible. I see it happen somewhat often around here with college kids buying sport bikes and fast cars. I actually remember this kid living near my gf while she was still in college that had a brand new 07 STi and Yamaha R1. Made me sick!
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

This is why 19 year olds shouldn't have cars as fast as this. Of course it could happen in any car, but it becomes a lot more likely when you combine a lack of experience with a fast car.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    This is why 19 year olds shouldn't have cars as fast as this. Of course it could happen in any car, but it becomes a lot more likely when you combine a lack of experience with a fast car.
    True...i waited 10 years to get a car this fast! hehehe! But seriously, people who get the STI easily, dont seem to value it It took me a while to save for the WRX for the down payment to get it financed from the bank! i would have bought the STI in a bang if i could.
    "Donít think of the WRX as 'STI Light'; instead, think of the STI as 'WRX Maximum'.Ē - Andrew Ganz

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan
    Owned: RS Clio 197 '09, Civic VTi '09, Ibiza Cupra '01, Civic Si '93, Laurel '82

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.