Debadging 2011 WRX - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Debadging 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Brake fluid is fine to clean paint off of plastic as long as you wash it off as soon as ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Brake fluid is fine to clean paint off of plastic as long as you wash it off as soon as you are done.I have used it many times.

Acetone will cause streaking of the plastic,at least clear plastic.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, finished debadging/ badge modding...

Painted the silver wrx trim flat black... might paint the letters red eventually

I got the idea to use tail light tint to spray over the front of the emblem from someone else on the forum... hate to bite on a great idea but I really like how it looks

I decided not to put the wrx badge back on. I just like how clean it looks with nothing on there.

Still gonna paint the brake calipers red, paint the wheels black, and red out the tails... I think I'm gonna order the wrx marque plate too... just not diggin the plate mounting holes on the bumper. I also installed the red footwell lights which is pretty cool and really easy to do. Took me about 15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by SWPWRX11 View Post
    What editing program did you use to block the license plate? It's it available to the public or is professionals use only?

Sent from tapatalk.
    2011 Base WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofhearted View Post
    What editing program did you use to block the license plate? It's it available to the public or is professionals use only?
    I just opened it with windows live photo gallery and there's an option at the top that says edit, organize, or share. The "retouch" option in that lets you drag and select what parts you want to remove.

Off topic....does the footwell kit do anything different on an STi...when i open my door its a faint red glow....???
    2011 Plasma Blue STi 5-door

Looks nice man!

What tail light tint did you use for the emblems and where did you purchase?

I've debadged and blacked out my entire nose but the two bright blue emblems front and rear still stick right out. I mean, I love to show the colors and all .. but the stealth look is what I'm after.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatic11 View Post
    Off topic....does the footwell kit do anything different on an STi...when i open my door its a faint red glow....???
    It should be the same on all models. . The footwell kit attaches to the same power cable that powers the center console light. The center console light only comes on when the headlights are turned on, so the same is true of the footwell illumination lights. The illumination kit really does look nice with all the other red in the interior. Its a great addition to the car for less than $50.

If your footwells turn red on opening the car, I would assume that someone has changed the footwell lights (that are standard on the car) to be red.

romdizzle, the tinted emblem job looks nice and subtle. good job.

I also did the clean look and totally debadged the car except for the subaru logo badge.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    What tail light tint did you use for the emblems and where did you purchase?
    I used this combo.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(14).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	99667
    I went a little heavier with the tint because my car's black... 1 coat or light coats would be good if you wanted to see the stars better...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123