Debadging 2011 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Debadging 2011 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was going to do this yesterday but had a bit of a busy day...so I'm doing it today for ...

Hah im doing that today.

I was going to do this yesterday but had a bit of a busy day...so I'm doing it today for sure. I think for now I'm going to leave my STi badge on the back but remove everything else. I'm also ditching my front plate and replace it with one of those EURO SPT plates that say WRX or something like that.

I do enjoy the STi but it says STi on the car in way too many spots.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    Nice cars!
    Thanks, they are my babies. My girlfriends all mentioned I should have been born a guy I like cars so much, but then I gave them rides and one even mentioned that now they know why I love the cars so much and they don't tease me anymore...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    Just don't try to remove the Subaru Logo badge, behind those are 2 nasty holes IIRC.
    And there not little holes either...that badge with the superglue on it and then by being reinforced with prongs into the holes will never fall off...you will get trunk damage if you try to remove that one incorrectly but the back of the car sure looks nice and clean without it if at some point you are going to paint your trunk anyways.

front debadged

rear debadged

Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

I Support ClubWRX
    Is there a way to get the front and back stars off with causing damage? I want to repaint them and stick them back on.

I've seen that on here before, so I know it is possible. My car is silver, so I didn't pay much attention
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Paging sjcurtis... paging sjcurtis...

He did a really slick job of painting the rear trunk logo and the side STI logos on his car with this tint-like paint. I keep meaning to ask him for the instructions again since I can't find the thread anymore where he described it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Paging sjcurtis... paging sjcurtis...

He did a really slick job of painting the rear trunk logo and the side STI logos on his car with this tint-like paint. I keep meaning to ask him for the instructions again since I can't find the thread anymore where he described it.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/member...debadging+2011

That's the thread you're talking about and, while he does have a beastly and stealthy rex, I want to do red and black on the backside of the badge like I've seen with previous years...

Quote Originally Posted by Romdizzle View Post
    Is there a way to get the front and back stars off with causing damage? I want to repaint them and stick them back on.
    That rear badge is stuck on there really good and is quite difficult to remove but can be done without damage taking your time loosening each edge using a blowdryer on a hot day...you will need goo-gone or something equivalent to remove the residue once off. The badge isn't going to be reusable IMO as half the badge backing fairly stays on the car and the other remains on the badge and it warps as you need to remove it from all angles, so just buy a new one from the dealership for about $45 here in Canada and probably $30 in the U.S. so it sticks and lays perfectly flat.

As for the front it should just pop out somehow, but ask the dealer on the best way to do it...I know the neighbourhood kids tried and damaged mine (can see the screwdriver marks) but in the end were unable to remove it.
    Last edited by coryl; 09-18-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Here is mine. I just used my fingers and all the glue came up with the badges. Could not have been any easier

I Support ClubWRX
    So I think I've given up trying to remove the star badges... and I hate to be a copy cat but I think I'm gonna do what someone else did in another thread and spray it with tail light tint. I also decided to remove the WRX badge and paint it...

It had a little adhesive still on it so I stuck it on there just to see how it looked... if I decide to put it back on I think I'll paint the outer edges red.

I Support ClubWRX
    FINALLY got the suby star bacdges off... I also took the panel off reight behing the front wheel wells to paint the silver strip with WRX on it.Looking good so far... I'll post some pics of the before and after when it;s done,

Quote Originally Posted by Romdizzle View Post
    FINALLY got the suby star bacdges off... I also took the panel off reight behing the front wheel wells to paint the silver strip with WRX on it.Looking good so far... I'll post some pics of the before and after when it;s done,
    Rom - let us know how it turned out! I like the black WRX badge

How does the front grill WRX badge come off? Has anyone found an easy way to do it?
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberfire View Post
    Rom - let us know how it turned out! I like the black WRX badge

So, ran into a little hiccup... DO NOT USE GOOF OFF TO CLEAN THE OLD PAINT OFF!!! I thought It would be okay because someone else said they used brake cleaner and it turned out fine, but the plastic started to break down and crack. I ordered new front and back emblems and I'll try again.

My buddy told me acetone works well. You just drop whatever you're trying to strip in it and let it sit for a couple hours or even overnight and it peals right off. I tried it with a different badge and it didn't damage it... it's all kind of annoying but I am a noob after all...

Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    How does the front grill WRX badge come off? Has anyone found an easy way to do it?
    The letters are stuck to a plastic plate that's held on with some clips or something from inside the grille. If you want to remove it and leave it off then just snip the clips and viola... If you're gonna put it back on, heat it up like the other badges and remove it from the plastic plate with some floss or fishing line.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast