Looking at Subaru Impreza WRX

This is a discussion on Looking at Subaru Impreza WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Alright so forgive me if this is in the wrong area but im still getting a feel for the forum ...

Looking at Subaru Impreza WRX

Alright so forgive me if this is in the wrong area but im still getting a feel for the forum layout.

So basically ive driven a fullsize truck or suv since i was 15. Now ive grown tired of getting 11mpg and am now looking at cars. Its basic duty will be DD and will be driven on trips. I first started looking at Subaru Outbacks but than ran across the Impreza WRX and like it a lot better. I can afford around 01-03 models with 60-80k miles.

So when looking at these cars what should i pay attention to or look for?
    One question i already have is with that amount of miles how much life will be left in the turbo? Im guessing it will depend on how the previous owner treated but it never hurts to ask i guess haha.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Want to buy and have lots of questions?

Start here: Car Purchasing Forum
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

if you live in a snowy climate such as i do, there is no better car in the snow... its a sleigh on wheels. i have a 2002 wrx, i bought it at 100,000 miles and it was hurting, people drive these cars like there stolen, i know i do. definitely evaluate the previous owner, because it has cost me a **** loaad of money to restore her, but worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the Club!

Want to buy and have lots of questions?

Start here: Car Purchasing Forum
    Doh! Totally missed that area. Can a mod move this topic or should i make another one?

Quote Originally Posted by buffalovirgo View Post
    if you live in a snowy climate such as i do, there is no better car in the snow... its a sleigh on wheels. i have a 2002 wrx, i bought it at 100,000 miles and it was hurting, people drive these cars like there stolen, i know i do. definitely evaluate the previous owner, because it has cost me a **** loaad of money to restore her, but worth every penny.
    I live in North Carolina so a snowy climate....not really haha. Ill most likely be buying from a dealer instead of a private seller. Unless of course i find one from a private party that is a better deal.