2011 WRX fog lights? Are they any good?

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX fog lights? Are they any good? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If not what is everyone doing to upgrade them? I have heard they don't work all that well just wondering ...

2011 WRX fog lights? Are they any good?

If not what is everyone doing to upgrade them? I have heard they don't work all that well just wondering if there is an upgraded bulb or something to make them work brighter. If they work great thats even better! Thanks Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

KHP
    A lot people say that they are useless. Which they are direct from the factory. What a lot of people don't realize is that the fogs are aimed incorrectly from the factory (Full down). With proper color conversion (ideally "selective yellow") and properly aimed they are very useful.

Keep in mind fog lights are only used for inclement weather such as moderate to heavy rain, fog, and snow. They shouldn't be left on at all times. It always surprises me how many people leave their fogs on during clear nights. Properly aimed fog lamps cause a lot of glare to oncoming traffic. So please mind others safety.

To properly aim them follow the instruction: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply
    There's a vertical adjustment screw on the back of the fog light assembly.

Selective yellow conversion can be done by either applying a yellow film over the lens and/or by painting the assembly with metallic clear yellow paint.

As for bulb the stock bulb should be enough. Remember fogs are only supposed to light the foreground (First 10-20ft in front of the car) so you can see road lines and immediate road obstacles. Brighter bulbs usually inhibit fog usefulness by increasing back reflection.
    Last edited by KHP; 09-12-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    I aimed the fogs properly,used some Lamin-X yellow film , got better bulbs and mine are a lot better now.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

What better bulb did you go with?

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't expect a great difference,but atleast now I can see that the fogs are working <b><font color = red> NEW ITEM - Narva Contrast + in 9005 and 9006</b></font color>

Another alternative is to do what Weasel 555 did to his STI Post #3250 http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...e-day-217.html
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Bump I have a pair of 02 is300 fogs that I'm taking apart. I loved the yellow projector look on my Lexus and will figure out a way to retro them in plus add 3000 hid. Now I just need to find a good deal on a '11 fog kit. Dealer is wayyyyy to much. Will update shortly. Anyone know of a good place to get new fogs?