cobb tune on an 11 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobb tune on an 11 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up an 11 sedan last week in northern jersey. Does anyone have the tune? how is it compared ...

cobb tune on an 11 wrx

Just picked up an 11 sedan last week in northern jersey.
    Does anyone have the tune? how is it compared to stock?
    is an intake needed with the tune?
    does anyone have stg 2 with downpipe and exhaust?

thanks,
    Rob

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congrats on the new car.

I assume you are talking about the Accessport.I have it.I am running Stage 1 tune.It can be run without intake or there is a separate map if you want to add an intake.Compared to stock it is a day & night difference in terms of drive-ability.Power delivery is a lot smoother.

I would wait till at least the end of the break in period if you are thinking of getting one.Also flashing the ECU can lead to warranty issues in the future if a problem were to arise.Keep this in mind if you decided to get the AP.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

There is no need to double post.

You will be paying a considerable amount of money for the Cobb device. I'd therefore look at their map notes to see what parts are supported and what parts aren't, and I'd not deviate from the map notes. I'd also take advantage of their phone and email etc. for customer support.

A search for your interest yields results like this thread:

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/member...-2-update.html
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks so much. I appreciate the advice from the both of you guys

say if i have i problem and flash the car back to stock, would the dealer still know that it was flashed with the tune at some point in time Tony?

I Support ClubWRX
    The general consensus ,contrary to what Cobb themselves state on this issue, is that yes,an engineer can tell if the ECU has been reset.Now the ECU can be reset by just disconnecting the battery,but if something were to go wrong with the engine leading the ECU to be inspected by a Subaru engineer they could then assume that you flashed it(the ECU) and deny a claim.

It is their discretion.It is a risk you are taking.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

that is very true. i'm just gonna keep the car stock for now then. i am more that happy with it. thanks Tony!

I Support ClubWRX
    The generalized message that is being spread throughout the subaru world is yes. BUT... The average every day techician is unable to look at the checksum value to figure out how many flashes the car has had.

I personally have had several warranty claims after being modified... one of them including an ECU problem. And the dealership had no problems working with me.

Many people are scared, but going from stage 1 back to stock... is NOT going to void any part of your warranty unless it can be directly attributed to your flash.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

so i should be ok unless something serious happens and they call in the troops? lol

I Support ClubWRX
    It should be perfectly fine, unless they really want to go after you. Usually Subaru trusts their dealerships, if they don't, they'll call in a subaru of america rep... if they deem it necessary, then they'll contact someone to check your ECU... if there isn't a reason for them to... then they won't.

it's not 100% that you'll be fine... but there's a reason why so many people buy accessports... they work... they work well... they have a history of being safe if you follow their map notes.. and subaru overall seems to turn a blind eye to them. Hell... I know of 2 local dealerships that sell them.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks man. Im gonna go with the tune and an intake

I Support ClubWRX
    excellent
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Before you go running to buy an intake,keep in mind a couple of nuances

1.The Cobb AP has maps only for the AEM & Cobb intake.

2.If you buy a Perrin intake you will have to buy the Cobb AP from them as only Perrin makes maps for their intakes.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

How is the cobb intake vs. the aem intake?

and is it really worth the money? or will a k&n drop in filter be just fine with the tune?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast