2011 Mods

This is a discussion on 2011 Mods within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Whats up this is my first wrx and i love the **** outa it,I would like to do something to ...

2011 Mods

Whats up this is my first wrx and i love the **** outa it,I would like to do something to the suspension, any suggestions would be sweet. I heard that putting in an intake actually reduces performance, is this true? Also looking for a good boost gauge. Ive been looking into a catback system but kinda pricy, what are your thoughts on just cutting out the cat? would this give me any added power, pretty sure the cats are designed to give max hp but not sure. Living in Mass we get some mean winters, anybody with an '11 whose drivin the stock tires through the powdah have any problems, should winter tires be a priority?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the family!

For suspension I have been looking around and a lot of people seem to be going sway bars and ends links first and that tightens up the body roll a bit and ads some more control to the car. As for the intake i have no heard any negative about them other then that if you get one you better run the right map for it or the car will not respond well to the new addition.

I have not had a chance to drive the car in the powder yet but since they are sport tires i would assume that they will not do to well in the snow even with the awd. I plan on getting a set of steelies or another cheap set with winter tires for the snowy months. For one the stock rims are way to nice to let the salt get to and ruin and its always nice to have an extra set
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

KHP
    Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    i would assume that they will not do to well in the snow even with the awd.
    +1 I wouldn't even try it. You'll most likely find yourself striking a curb, crashing into other vehicles and obstacles, in a ditch, and/or just stuck in pure embarrassment . Get a dedicated set of snow tires.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    The first "mod" for you would be to get a set of winter wheels.The stock wheels are outright dangerous in the snow.The 4wd will get the car going but there is zero control & zero braking.

I haven't heard of anybody going catless.Emission testing would be a problem with going catless.You can get an axleback from nameless for $300 for the sedan & a bit higher for the hatch.

Also swaybars & endlinks are a good mod to eliminate body roll & improve handling.If you don't have a short shifter & bushings,get that.

But if you are short on the green the first priority would still be to get winter wheels.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

just picked up an 11 spark silver premium last week in new jersey. it was nearly impossible to find one.

has anyone debadged the car completely?

Quote Originally Posted by robmon21 View Post
    just picked up an 11 spark silver premium last week in new jersey. it was nearly impossible to find one.

has anyone debadged the car completely?
    Me! front and back.

~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

that looks awesome bro! is that the front spt lip from subaru? and the carbon fiber plate on the trunk looks hot

how is the wrx emblem held onto the grille?

no Lip was from ebay $160 shipped Rage has a Carbon Fiber one that looks amazing!

The front grill has like a back plastic piece you can un-screw I got a pair of cutters and said bye bye, just have to watch so you don't cut the grill lol.

well the e bay one looks pretty damn nice lol

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    no Lip was from ebay $160 shipped Rage has a Carbon Fiber one that looks amazing!
    By chance is that the Bayson R lip? And if so, does that require any drilling to get it on there? I've had my eye on that one for quite awhile.

On a side note, that plate delete looks excellent as well. Great job on your car!

^ Thanks, and yes it was I havent seenthem post one back up and it did require to drill Most do if not there would be alot of gaps

just debadged the back with the exception of the wrx emblem. i'm gonna leave the wrx grille badge and rear wrx badge. they came off very easily. the adhesive came off with a roll of the finger