Scooby Newbie living in Dubai - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Scooby Newbie living in Dubai within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Welcome and congrats! My gf's parents live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Hoping to visit at some point in the next ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats!

My gf's parents live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Hoping to visit at some point in the next year. I'll be looking for your scooby (from atop the Burj Khalifa!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The worst part about driving in UAE is the friggin speed limit.Why does everyone have to drive at 30 mph even on the freeway?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by TragSifarin View Post
    Thats my baby. I printed that building from start to construction. 1700 pages at 30x52 inches for the drawings. It is a monster of a building. The best view is looking straight down on it though. Anyway congrats on your car. I also have the 2011 in OBP. You will not be disappointed
    Lol...nice... I dont have a 2011 I have an OBP 06 Wrx...

One of these day I'd love to go to Dubai to see it, but there are a lot of places that I'd like to see...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! Spent 2 weeks there... interesting place!

Definitely spent some time at the mall of the emirates' valet so I could see some of the oil money bring their cars through
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The worst part about driving in UAE is the friggin speed limit.Why does everyone have to drive at 30 mph even on the freeway?
    Well thats not true. on the highway its 100 kmph (60 mph) and on inter-state roads its 140 kmph (95 mph). but honestly the worst part of driving is the heat. so many cars dont come down here because of the heat and a lot of european and american cars do not last long for the same reason. its a shame.
    Last edited by demonik; 09-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
    "Don’t think of the WRX as 'STI Light'; instead, think of the STI as 'WRX Maximum'.” - Andrew Ganz

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan
    Owned: RS Clio 197 '09, Civic VTi '09, Ibiza Cupra '01, Civic Si '93, Laurel '82

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Welcome! Spent 2 weeks there... interesting place!

Definitely spent some time at the mall of the emirates' valet so I could see some of the oil money bring their cars through
    lol! true...the people who are natives here do have a lot of money. the govt gives them as well. so its all 4x4s, audis, mercs, bmws etc...
    the other day, close to my work place, which is next to the airport...i happen to see an electric blue buggati veyron on a trailor/pickup. give it a visit had a look inside and everything. moments later, another buggati veyron comes zooming down the road to collect the blue veyron! it was a mad sight!!!!
    "Don’t think of the WRX as 'STI Light'; instead, think of the STI as 'WRX Maximum'.” - Andrew Ganz

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan
    Owned: RS Clio 197 '09, Civic VTi '09, Ibiza Cupra '01, Civic Si '93, Laurel '82

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Lol...nice... I dont have a 2011 I have an OBP 06 Wrx...

One of these day I'd love to go to Dubai to see it, but there are a lot of places that I'd like to see...
    Do drop by! would be awesome!

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome and congrats!

My gf's parents live in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Hoping to visit at some point in the next year. I'll be looking for your scooby (from atop the Burj Khalifa!
    thanks Zax. sure do that. we should meet up when you down here so i can show you around...

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Nik, welcome , so lets see some pics of your scooby
    the clio127 and cupra are awesome lil hatch backs too
    thanks 555...pictures will definitely be up soon.
    yes they are a lot of fun. nippy. easy on the gas. unreliable! but fun nonetheless!

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. How's Dubai doin? I know they were going gang busters on building for a while before the world economy melted. I saw a couple of architectural based specials on an indoor ski slope, and some high rises.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    There were a lot of lower end high priced cars.. I didn't see any mclarens or enzos or anything... I don't think I saw anything worth more than 300k while I was there... except the shelby cobra which appeared to be original
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Welcome. How's Dubai doin? I know they were going gang busters on building for a while before the world economy melted. I saw a couple of architectural based specials on an indoor ski slope, and some high rises.
    Thanks! The ski slope is inside a mall and has been around for 3 yrs or so and so is the tallest commercial bldg in the world - Burj Khalifa. The economy did strike dubai quite badly to be honest, but its working out pretty ok now.

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan

Well, there are a lot of lambos, amgs, ferraris, etc out here. its just about being at the right place. there are a certain roads where these cars come by to be flaunted by their owners.

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan

Hello,

Welcome from Denver Colorado USA. Nice to see someone is Dubai rocking a Rex

Quote Originally Posted by inf3cti0n View Post
    Hello,

Welcome from Denver Colorado USA. Nice to see someone is Dubai rocking a Rex
    Thanks Infection. There are a few here.

Subaru WRX '11 Sedan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast