Recentley got my first car 2004 wrx... couple questions

This is a discussion on Recentley got my first car 2004 wrx... couple questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently got my first car which is an 04 wrx (manual) and i have a couple questions. 1. the ...

Recentley got my first car 2004 wrx... couple questions

I recently got my first car which is an 04 wrx (manual) and i have a couple questions.
    1. the Philadelphia area got hit with lots of rain and my car was sitting in it for a good portion of time whether it wasn't in the garage or i was at school but anyway when i tried to start it after school all it did was the electricity turned on the it sounded like a boat motor in water and then rapid ticking came from both sides of the car. It started a couple minutes later. I don't know what happened and if i should be worried.

2. when i was leaving school, the exit is on a steep incline and when i got onto the road my friend behind me said i was puffing "mad" smoke from my exhaust.... it hasn't happened since but i still don't know what it is.

Hopefully someone can help me... thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1)When you say "sitting in the rain for a good portion of time" what do you mean? Sitting in 2 feet of water for 5 days or just getting rained on? If the car sits for more than a couple days, it may tap for a few seconds until oil pressure builds up.

2) Smoke is never good but it could mean a number of things depending on what kind of smoke it is. This would be a hard one to answer over the interwebs.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

It was sitting in rain for a night... The. I drove it to school and I went through a 2-3 inch stream going through the road... An then it sat at school for like 7 hours... All while being downpoured on

I really don't think the rain has anything to do with it and that there might be a different bigger problem that you are looking at here. DO you know what color the smoke was or if your friend could maybe smell what it might have been? Check your oil and make sure the levels are right also.. Driving through 2-3 inches of water should not do anything unless you have a CAI and even then i doubt you would have a problem unless you drove quickly through it and sucked water in that way
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93