I converted from Hyundai to Subaru

This is a discussion on I converted from Hyundai to Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone. I posted a "hello" thread before, but it was mostly just questions I had and no one replied, ...

I converted from Hyundai to Subaru

Hi everyone. I posted a "hello" thread before, but it was mostly just questions I had and no one replied, haha. I think I've resolved most of those and wanted to say a more friendly hello.

I'm an ex GK-generation Tiburon owner. It was a great car. I've owned my WRX for almost two months now and we seem to be getting along just fine If anyone for some strange reason has an affinity for Hyundais or Tiburons I wrote a blog about my last car, it can be read by clicking here.

Hopefully I am able to own the WRX for as many years and have as many great memories with it as I did with my last vehicle. Anyway, hi everyone!
    2010 Subaru WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome. Do you have any plans...er, what are your inevitable plans (lol) for modifications?

I used to really like the tiburons, the RC2s were a long time favorite of mine, and i really liked the second gen GK and GK F/L (first time I saw one, very early in my auto-craze days, i actually thought it was like a porsche or some high end sports car lol). Not so much a fan of the GK F/L2, the latest model. I think it looks regressed towards the first gen.
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I agree the F/L2 was hideous, it reminded me of the late 90's Cougar. I owned just a GK, it was a 2003 GTV6 6 speed. Nice to hear that other people in the world actually like them though, haha. I thought it was a wonderful car beyond its underachieving V6 mated to an otherwise good FF drivetrain.

As for the WRX, well it is my first turbo car so I'm still not entirely sure what an uppipe and downpipe are, haha, but this website seems to be helping :-P The car seems like it has so much potential, but I'm also worried about ruining it as it's the first car I've bought since 2004, haha. I kind of want to keep it reliable and not lighting up the check engine light every other month for a few years
    2010 Subaru WRX

Also, sorry to double post, but what does WRB mean? I see this in a lot of peoples signatures.
    2010 Subaru WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
    Also, sorry to double post, but what does WRB mean? I see this in a lot of peoples signatures.
    Welcome from a fellow Salt Lake WRX owner. WRB is World Rally Blue - a very nice color choice

Welcome to the forum!

Check out some of the stickies and links in people's sigs. There's a ton of info out there and a lot of really good reading.

WRB = World Rally Blue (its just an abbreviation for the paint)
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Ahh, okay. I thought it was some special premium performance package I was unable to find information on, haha.

Mine is just PDS (plain dull silver), but hello fellow Salt Laker and hello Fallen.
    2010 Subaru WRX

Mine is just PDS (plain dull silver)
    I lol'd
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Mine is just PDS (plain dull silver),
    May I suggest POS (plain old silver)
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

No! It's not ugly, it's just dull! Haha.
    2010 Subaru WRX

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and congrats.

To be honest, I never liked Tiburons or the people that stuck "Tuscani" badges on the rear... but that's just my opinion. Now you drive a car on which we can both agree
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Welcome, enjoy the car! you had it 2months so you got it used I assume, how many miles?
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

hola.

off topic, do you know of any good hyundai parts websites. looking for a remote starter.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome and congrats.

To be honest, I never liked Tiburons or the people that stuck "Tuscani" badges on the rear... but that's just my opinion. Now you drive a car on which we can both agree
    +1^

Newtiburon is a good forum for Hyundai (any model, though mostly Tiburons) related questions, they took care of me for almost a decade. They have a bunch of sponsors on there. I know at least one of them sells remote starts, but I don't know how much ClubWRX would like me advertising another forums sponsors here, haha. Honestly remote starters are pretty generic though. I'd just check out Best Buy or a local stereo store (support local economy!) myself. My 2003 came debadged, so I put Tuscani badges on it. They were the same price as the Tiburon badges and they appealed much more to my 18 year old self back then.

Yeah, I bought the WRX used. It had 25,000 miles which I saw as a good and bad thing. That's a lot of miles in a year, but someone driving a car that much in one year is doing a lot of commuting, probably not a lot of racing. Plus, it was clean no mods (that I've been able to observe at least.) and no dirt underneath it.
    2010 Subaru WRX