Getting new WRX this week...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Getting new WRX this week... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I decided to pull the trigger on the WRX, as opposed to the MS3, and of course, the car ...

Red face Getting new WRX this week...

So I decided to pull the trigger on the WRX, as opposed to the MS3, and of course, the car I wanted got sold out from under me, even AFTER I signed all the contracts and finance forms and everything (they were waiting on a transfer...)

So....now I'm stuck between choosing a base blue WRX with the options I like, or a Limited white WRX that I need to add some options to...and I'd have them rip out the leather and put in cloth. However, that's $4K more.

So, those of you who own the limited models - is it worth the extra 4k?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had a base black sedan and traded for the limited white hatch, I like the limited a lot better!

KHP
    If you're going to rip the leather seats off then you might as well just get the base WRX IMO. Taking the leather seats out of the limited will hurt its resale value by quite a bit downgrading it into a Premium with HID's.

If the base WRX has the options you want then why would you get the Limited, spend more money on options in addition to the trim price, then gimp its value by removing one of the trim sell points? Does the moonroof, HID's, and fog lights worth $4000 to you? It looks a little steep to me, but then again I see the leather as the cherry topper .
    Last edited by KHP; 09-06-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I like the HID's, but for me, I can't really see myself driving a performance vehicle with leather interior - way too slippery during spirited driving. I prefer cloth or something similar for that.

I think I'm just going to hold the line with the dealer until they can find something I want...the white WRX...I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I'm really hoping they can locate one for me!

Ive got the limited white hatch and absolutely love the car. Thats my vote! The leather really aint that bad. Just get tinting and you're good to go

I wouldn't buy a car without leather, took me forever to find a Limited just to get it.
    2011 WRX Limited - WR Blue Pearl

I grabbed a premium for the fact I didn;t want leather at all. I drive alot for work so the wear on leather looks horrible.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not a big fan of leather.Fabric keeps your butt in place.You could get the base & do an HID retrofit.I hear the OEM HIDs aren't that great anyway.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I'm not a big fan of leather.Fabric keeps your butt in place.You could get the base & do an HID retrofit.I hear the OEM HIDs aren't that great anyway.
    Good tip, thanks - I'll probably look at HID kits down the road. Found a base model that should arrive by the end of the month!

You could get the limited and throw in a sparco race seat!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The OEM HID's are fantastic actually. Leather is a personal preference but I really like it in this car So far.
    2011 Spark Silver Metallic WRX Limited - purchased 9/3/11
    2004 SRT-4 FP Green, Diablosport, 344whp/375wtq 93 oct. | Sold

I love my limited... Spirited driving with leather is just fine. I take corners at 20 above the recommended speed and do not slide anywhere.
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

KHP
    Actually I had the same concern before I purchased my limited. Surprisingly I haven't run into any issues sliding around my seat. Also just to point out quite a bit of performance cars come with leathers. Just look at all the performance luxury branded cars.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.