New 2011 Owner in KY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New 2011 Owner in KY within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, I Just purchased my 2011 Spark Silver Metallic WRX Limited yesterday! So far I am loving this car! ...

New 2011 Owner in KY

Hi all, I Just purchased my 2011 Spark Silver Metallic WRX Limited yesterday! So far I am loving this car! It seems like a solid vehicle and I am looking very forward to many years with it. I am definitely not new to turbocharged vehicles but this is my first Subaru and first AWD car. I have no plans to modify anything as I like it just how it is. I have spent a lot of money and time on previous cars and now I am looking forward to just driving and enjoying this one.

Here are a few pics:

My previous car before this was a 2004 Silver Metallic SRT-4.

Power setup in a nutshell:
    FP Green turbo
    AGP S3 WGA
    Mopar S2 PCM
    DW750 inj.
    Thermal 3" turboback exhaust
    Diablosport Predator
    344whp/375wtq on 93 octane

Look forward to learning some things from this community!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum, I think you will find that the folks here are very helpful.

Did ya get the short throw shifter with yours? I just picked up the exact same car but the sts seems to be a little clunky going into 1/2/R

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome!

just keep in mind- modding a subaru is totally different than an SRT. you cant just bolt up parts & go. just a fair warning lol

let us know if you have any questions!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum & congrats on the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleGuy View Post
    I have no plans to modify anything as I like it just how it is.
    Now where have I heard that before?To tempt you ,you can check out the mod thread in my signature.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Now where have I heard that before?To tempt you ,you can check out the mod thread in my signature.
    exactly. the whole "i'll leave it alone" phase lasts for... meh.. maybe 500 miles. then you start with airfresheners... floor mats.... next thing you know, you're buying a TBE, springs, huge turbo..

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    exactly. the whole "i'll leave it alone" phase lasts for... meh.. maybe 500 miles. then you start with airfresheners... floor mats.... next thing you know, you're buying a TBE, springs, huge turbo..
    for me it started with $200 floor mats that I bought even before I had the car.I'm afraid to add up exactly how much I've spent so far
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuz View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I think you will find that the folks here are very helpful.

Did ya get the short throw shifter with yours? I just picked up the exact same car but the sts seems to be a little clunky going into 1/2/R
    Yes, the car has the following options:
    - Auto dimming mirror/compass
    - Center armrest
    - All weather floor mats
    - Int. Illumination kit - blue
    - Sti short throw shift 5m/t

My car shifts very smoothly with the short throw. Now it's not buttery smooth compared to my wife's celica or say a Honda manual transmission, but it's a major upgrade from the shifter in my SRT.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    welcome!

just keep in mind- modding a subaru is totally different than an SRT. you cant just bolt up parts & go. just a fair warning lol

let us know if you have any questions!
    Thank you, and I appreciate the warning. . The first things I need to learn is how to care for leather interior properly as this is my first car with this type of interior.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    for me it started with $200 floor mats that I bought even before I had the car.I'm afraid to add up exactly how much I've spent so far
    Haha, I see what you mean. Things like shift knobs and such might happen but those are accessories. When I said mods I meant more of things that will make power. I honestly don't even want to lower the car as I think it looks good and remains useable how it is.

As you can see I went down that road with my last car and while it was fun I really did dump a lot of money into it. The main difference is now my wife and I have an unfinished basement that we want to spend our money and time on so I will be focusing my efforts there. I am just extremely happy to have the car!!
    2011 Spark Silver Metallic WRX Limited - purchased 9/3/11
    2004 SRT-4 FP Green, Diablosport, 344whp/375wtq 93 oct. | Sold

Quote Originally Posted by LouisvilleGuy View Post
    The first things I need to learn is how to care for leather interior properly as this is my first car with this type of interior.
    First thing to do is be careful about how you get in and out, watch out for constantly sliding into the seat and rubbing the bolster while doing so. I find my biggest issue is doing this, it wears off the surface coating. Next step is to clean and condition it regularly, I prefer the Lexol brand products, they don't make a shiny mess of the interior.
    2011 WRX Limited - WR Blue Pearl

lordgrinz, i just bought a 2011 wrx limited, blue like yours...it does not have a sun roof or leather interior...does this mean it isn't a limited? because the dealer told me it was.

Quote Originally Posted by newx View Post
    lordgrinz, i just bought a 2011 wrx limited, blue like yours...it does not have a sun roof or leather interior...does this mean it isn't a limited? because the dealer told me it was.
    Sounds like the base model, the premium adds the moonroof/fog lights/all-weather pkg to the base model, the Limited adds HID headlights and Leather to the premium package.

Sounds like the base model, the premium adds the moonroof/fog lights/all-weather pkg to the base model, the Limited adds HID headlights and Leather to the premium package.
    i have fog lights and HID headlights...just no moonroof or leather
    JOHN- 2011 WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by newx View Post
    i have fog lights and HID headlights...just no moonroof or leather
    I'm confused then, not sure about adding HID's to Base model, but Fogs can be added as an option by the dealer. The Limited by nature is just the Premium edition with HID and Leather, its not like its a different car. So not sure what you got, but I would believe its the Base model with Fogs added.

Being my first AWD car I am getting used to some of the new sounds this car makes. More moving parts in the drivetrain so I expected it though.

Welcome to the forum!

When you decide to mod it, definitely check out the link in rage_wrx's sig, tons of good info on there. One mod I would seriously consider (even if you decide to stick to the "I won't mod it" phase) is an axleback exhaust at least. There is absolutely nothing better sounding that the boxer rumble, and an axleback can be had for under $500, even cheaper if you go used.

They definitely make some odd sounds, but you'll get used to it really quickly.

Not going to lie, I normally hate SRT4s (mainly based around what I see around town), but yours actually looks like it was really clean and done right.
    Last edited by xFalleNx; 09-07-2011 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling > me
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Thank you. I tried to keep it clean with my SRT and it would actually get down pretty nicely . I appreciate the tips as well. One thing I have noticed it that it seems as if the shifter leans slightly towards the passenger seat. Is that normal?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.